Paradox

I edited one sentence in the first chapter and "Suicide Mission" that might change a lot from this point on. Manipulating words is so simple yet the impact is huge. I love it and I love y'all. Enjoy.

Loki was well chuffed with himself once he realized what he had done. There was no fight or woman other than Nyx who could have boosted his confidence. The way she took him in her arms without hesitance made him feel euphoric. He was so afraid of being pushed away and seen with disgust if he kissed her. To simmer his anxiety and change her way of thinking, he was meant to tell her the truth when they arrived in the library. But everything was changed when he grew frightful of being turned down if she hadn't felt the same way. After all, they were brought up to be loving as siblings. But that wasn't the case. His feelings for her were consuming him when he imagined caressing her delicate cheek only to remember how it truly was.

He couldn't imagine a time when Nyx felt he cherished her any less than what he really felt. He hated himself for making her feel so used, so ordinary. She was far from common. The beauty of her glowing skin, the essence of her flawless golden locks, her beautifully slanted eyes that shimmered of gunmetal blue, the plump sweltering kiss of her lips.

Even her soul was molded with angelic palms. Her internal mechanisms moved with such assurance and he admired how put together she was, how sure she was of herself and the decisions she made. She was beyond passionate and every time he snuck a glance at her intrigued expression on her face when he read scripts of literature to her in the late nights of cold sweats, he would grow even more fond of the beauty she colored the world in with.

He couldn't hold back his feelings any longer. There was something about the hurt in her voice that urged him to break the distance. He stood there for a few minutes after he dismissed the guard, overthinking the feeling Nyx brought him. He felt electric, like he could conquer anything. All with the simple kiss of the goddess of his dreams.

He knew he couldn't have time to himself, not when there were hundreds of threats bound to attack Asgard at any given momenet. Even though he cheated his way to the throne, the sake of Asgard's safety was still his priority and he felt Thor would only destroy what Asgardians had built, years before the baboon's mere existence. He couldn't have an elderly who would coward away in fear or an arrogant oaf protecting millions of people who needed safety and protection.

So, he moved from the library to study his plan for attack, treaty, and protection. But first, he had to address there was a dying guard in the Forbidden Forest.

***

Nyx drowned in the imaginable disowning look on her mother's face if she knew her daughter was madly in love with her son. A brother and his sister, in love, kissing in secret. She licked her lips, desperate for the only kind of comfort she could find. Laughable how the thing she craved and comforted her was the same thing causing her panic and anxiety.

She reminisced on the feeling of his warm tongue on the edge of her bottom lip. The delicacy he took when grasping her and soothingly playing soft rhythms against her skin. She adored him. His soul was seen as corrupt by everyone around them, but to her he was beautifully wicked. The way he found the beauty in darkness rather than running from it. He painted with the black he was thrown in and made these beautiful portraits of life. She loved the way he thought.

He was clever and everyone took that for granted, overlooking him and seeking Thor to fix their problems. If only they knew what happened behind closed doors. The amount of happiness Loki had lost just to keep his family together, it was cruel. He deserved to be happy and calm. But that's not what life chose for him and instead of hating what was given to him, he copes through humor and self-amusement, even if it meant relishing in others embassy.