Chapter 15 - Shenanigans

Charlotte's POV
Kate's shenanigans of getting ready for our night out began just after lunch, I'd come home early after only working a half day to the overpowering smell of fake tan across the entire apartment. I entered my room to see laid out on my bed dresses all of them very short with varying necklines. "Once you've picked your dress, I can do your make up." Kate called from my bathroom, "Why are you in there?" I almost screamed, "I hate the smell of fake tan." "Your room has better lightening," she stated as if he being in there obvious, and her reasoning was valid with just made me groan.

I picked up a light blue dress which had a deep plunging neckline as Kate entered the room cheering from the bathroom, "Perfect choice, now sit down and don't move." "Nothing over the top please Kate," I begged as I sat in front of her.

She disappeared quickly first, seemingly ignoring my request before returning with a Red Velvet Cake, "Your mum?" I asked and she nodded, Carla always said that 'you should always have cake.' Kate kissed my forehead as she placed it in front of me lighting the candle to be blown out.

About 1 hour and half later and a lot of cake eaten, my hair was curled in a half up half down style, I had smoky eyes and dark red lipstick. "Stunning!" Kate said proudly before she went to finish getting ready herself. So that by 16:30 we were out of the apartment heading to the bar to meet Elliot and Teddy for pre-drinks.

"The table is booked for 19:30 so we should probably get ready to go." Elliot said as he finished his beer. "Round of shots please," I called out to the waiter, if I was going to do something for my birthday, I'd prefer to not remember it tomorrow. "Happy Birthday" everyone cheered as we took our shots before heading to wherever Kate had planned to go next.

Walking down the street, holding Teddy close to my side as we followed the love birds he asked, "Where is Christian?" I replied quietly, "He is still working in Tokyo, not due back for a few more days." Teddy gave my shoulders a squeeze, "Perfect, you can sleep 'this' off tomorrow as you won't have company." I squealed, "Teddy," smacking his arm "you make me sound like a slutty drunk." He laughed, "You always have been, that's why I love you." He gave me a tight hug and replied into his chest, "I love you too, and your right, I kind of am."

But not anymore.

We caught up with Kate and Elliot quickly who were outside a Tapas Bar. "Kate," I hugged her, since when was I a hugger. "I've been wanting to come here for ages." I smiled and led the way in following a server who was clearly expecting us. "We are doing all you can eat with wine pairings." Kate said as we sat down, "Thank you, this is going to be great."

After eating way too much as well as drinking too much we headed to our favourite club. Thanks to both Kate and I sleeping with the bouncers we didn't as usual have to queue, so we were soon inside where it was loud and crowded but not much as normal, though as the night got longer it got busier.

"Elliot, who are texting?" I shouted at him when we were getting the next round, "No one important." He shouted back, bullshit I thought.

We were sat in a booth as midnight struck, Elliot walked over carrying a tray of flaming shots as they sang Happy Birthday and blew them out. "Way healthier than cake!" I shouted as we all downed them.

Kate and Teddy were on the verge of passing out when Elliot said, "Our rides are here." I was confused, I didn't remember Kate organising anything, normally we just stumble home. I helped Teddy walk out the club as Elliot carried Kate out onto the street at 3 in the morning. I put Teddy's coat on him and when I turned around to face the road I saw him, standing there in front of two SUVs.

"Christian," I gasped in shock as he and Taylor approached me. "Jason," I said friendlily as he took Teddy from my hold leading him to the SUV Kate and Elliot were getting in leaving Christian and I alone. I shivered remembering I'd put Kate in my coat as she had lost hers. Christian noticed and pulled me in for a hug, kissing my head he whispered, "Happy Birthday Charlotte." I looked into his eyes as he smiled, "You knew." I whispered, and he nodded, "I'll never forget it."