Chapter 3 - Pleasant or not

Charlotte's POV
When I spotted him walking, no I mean sauntering through the crowd to the bar and maybe even me, I turned back to the barman. "Another tequila please," I requested with a smile. "Still on Jack's tab?" He questioned, maybe thinking I'd start paying myself but he was wrong, "Of course."

I took a seat at the vacant barstool, distracting myself with the bowl of olives in front of me. With my mouth full and sat down, I finally had a chance to take off my heels and give my feet a chance to breathe.

"Anything else," the barman said as he placed my shot glass beside the full wine. Shaking my head he was about to leave when a strong voice almost seductive spoke up beside me.

"A glass of red wine please," the request had me turning and looking up at the beauty of a man who was stood extremely close to me and my bare feet. I let my eyes roam his height freely, stopping on his grey eyes, the hauntingly grey eyes that I won't be able to forget in a hurry as they are like no other.

"You should always wear Louboutin's," he casually said taking a sip of the wine which I, no I mean Jack is paying for. I reached for my own glass, muttering something about it being just my luck which made him chuckle softly, like he was trying to hide the fact that he was.

"What is your luck? Today?" He asked making me groan at both my inability to keep my thoughts in my own head and his own obtuseness.

"The fact that the only good looking guy, who also seems to be within an acceptable age range is well you know..." I paused hoping I wouldn't have to finish the sentence and he could use he own brain but he didn't. "I don't know," he shrugged taking another sip of the wine, the movement of his neck as he swallowed was highly distracting.

The simple fact was, this man who was too handsome for his own good was just like Teddy. Dressed impeccably, prefers wine over beer and clearly unlike any other man I've slept with, knows designer shoes.

"Gay," I simply said hiding my annoyance from the fact that I wouldn't be getting laid tonight. I was ready to either run away by outing him or become best friends with him like Teddy and I.

Inseparable since we meet, Teddy is my constant, a constant that breathes and gives great advice unlike drinking and bars. His flat is where I turn to when I need a place to crash when I can't go back to mine and Kate's. He updates my wardrobe for me using his second passion for fashion about his photography to make sure I'm always prepared for any occasion whether I be using my own wardrobe at home or the one I have at his.

However, unlike the reaction I was expecting such as 'exactly' or 'is it that obvious' I was faced with a straight face. Piercing grey shooting through, not blinking as he lent in, his mouth and perfect lips next to my ear.

"No, I'm not gay."

If I had had wine in my mouth, it would have been all over the bar and his white shirt. I let out an awkward cough trying to figure out what to say when he continued, incredibly smoothly.

"I just know a lot about high heels and that, a women with legs like yourself should always be wearing them."

My jaw dropped, my embarrassment levels were through the roof. He's not wrong, my subconscious pipped up but her presence wasn't wanted at the exact moment, all I wanted was the ground to swallow me up.

I need to leave and I need to stop jumping to conclusions.

From my stool I reach down and grab my heels off the floor placing them in my lap as I quickly downed the rest of my wine. Balancing both shoes and my purse in my hand I stood up.

Taking a few steps back, putting some much needed space between the man I've insulted and myself I take a quick calming breath before speaking up. "I am so sorry, I was completely out of line." I began sincerely, "I'm leaving but please," I pause changing my pitch so the barman can hear too. " Please drink whatever you want and put it on my bosses tab."