Chapter 17 - September

Charlotte's POV
I decided it would be better if I told Lordane and Eloise about Christian not at the office, so we planned to grabbed drinks Wednesday evening. I knew they were already curious about the NDAs and the Grey name, but I'd promised to explain it all.

Monday went better than I'd thought, everyone already had books they were working on, and we'd decided to leave it a week before opening our doors to manuscripts.

It was nearly 17:30 when I received a text.

Well Done today, dinner tonight? x ~ Christian

Too tired to go out x ~ Charlotte

Take out at mine? ~ Charlotte

I'll pick something up on my way x ~ Christian

I smiled before tidying my desk, heading out to my car, and driving home, very tired after a busy first day. Parking in my spot around the side, I saw an Audi pull up in front and a beautiful man walking round from the trunk carrying a bag of what I presumed was food and a bottle of wine.

"You can stop watching me, Twell." Christian called over me to me, "I wasn't watching you... I was watching the food." I lied as we walked closer together, when we met, he pulled me in for a hug and a kiss. "What did you get?" I asked as we walked to the building still holding each other. "Chinese, is that OK?" "Perfect that's exactly what need and wine." I replied as I opened the door, throwing my heels in the direction of my room.

Christian was taking the food out as I grabbed some plates and glasses filling them up with the Bollinger he brought. "To your first day," he toasted when I passed him a glass.

"That was just what I needed but," I paused, standing up and clearing my plate then walking round to clear his. As I passed him I whispered in his ear, "I want desert," and sucked his ear lobe. I heard an intake of breath as I walked back towards the kitchen. Just as I placed the plates down, he wrapped his arms around me picking me up and carrying me towards my bedroom.

"You are going to be an amazing CEO." He said as he removed my clothes as well as his own. It didn't take long before he was inside me making me scream his name.

As first days go, today went well. I knew what I wanted as well as what to do. No one seemed to mind me being their boss only Lordane & Eloise really wanted to know how I got the job. The end of my day was even better falling asleep next to Christian.

Could this me by life, forever, I didn't know but right now, it's the start of September and I'm a 24-year-old CEO with my very own God on legs.

2 weeks later

"Morning," I said as I walked over to Lordane and Eloise in their corner, they both smiled warmly. "So, we have a board meeting at 11:30 with Grey and Ros so please don't..." They both started to laugh. "We will do nothing but smile," Eloise said. "Are you OK? This is kind of a big deal." I nodded at Lordane's comment. "Shitting it," and we all started laughing.

Although I am younger than the both of them, we are really close yet very different. For example, they are both happily married with 2 children each but also understand what life is like for me. I think they see their younger selves in me, and I see them as the big sisters that I no longer have of my own.

When I had told them about Christian, I explained that I had been seeing him for a while and stressed that it wasn't just his decision to hire me. They understood why I had wanted to stress that but also knew that wasn't exactly the case. As Christian and I had already agreed, if or when the press found out about our relationship, we would say that we knew of each other before I started working at GP and then we began our relationship after. Both Lordane and Eloise thought our plan was a good one and would work, if necessary, especially as even some of my closest friends weren't aware of the relationship.