Chapter 50 - June 1st

Charlotte's POV
Many believe life is journey in which you must take part in certain events in a certain order for example, first steps, first kiss, graduation, your wedding day with your destination being death at the end. However, I disagree because although I am taking part in one of those events today, I don't do anything in the correct order.

I believe life is like a book, just like those you have on your bedside table. Filled with chapters that can be read stand alone or are linked to those before and after them. What you can't forget though is that the final chapter will be affected by what happened at the beginning both literally and subconsciously.

My book of life would be a trilogy at the minute because it can clearly be separated into parts where I as the main character change dramatically. Book 1 would follow my life in England, my early childhood, my sisters death and how I was on my way to be national champion. Book 2 would see a complete shift in location and characters, this would be about my life in America. Life of a college student and her American friends as she tries to understand both living in a new world and life without her parents being a survivor.

Meeting Christian Grey in that closet would be the start of book 3 because this man has changed my life to the point that I can't see myself living without him. He brings me joy and laughter as well as the happiness and stability that has been missing for a long time. He has found a new layer to myself and personality, the one I believe to be the truest representation of who I view myself as, the woman who would get married.

Last night after the rehearsal dinner and I kissed my fiancé for the final time, I looked up at the moon and smiled. "No matter where we are, we are connected by the moon even if we are not side by side we can look up and be together." I whispered, before we stood in silence looking up, taking in our final moments as two separate people.

"Twell, we're leaving!" Teddy shouted from the car where he and Kate were waiting. "Be safe, I'll see you tomorrow." Christian said kissing me softly before releasing me out of his embrace. "I love you Grey," I called out as I got in car once he'd replied. "I love you more, Twell."

It was still impossible that he could, but I would give him the win this time because he had reluctantly agreed to spend the night at Bellevue while I stayed at Escala. A small tradition we were actually following.

"Right if you want to leave the country we do it now," Kate declared as I closed the door shaking my head. "If not we have enough drink to comatose you so you'll actually sleep because we all know that wont be happening for the next month." Teddy added, sounding slightly jealous but it wasn't my fault I was marrying a man who a planned a month's worth of stuff to do on our honeymoon.

When we arrived at the penthouse it was late, we'd already drunk a bottle each of champagne on the ride over because the traffic was bad and they were both feeling its affect. Suggesting they moved upstairs and went to bed so they would actually enjoy tomorrow, I made myself comfy in the great room with my notepad.

Having told everyone at dinner I was ready for tomorrow had been a lie. Sure I was mentally and I was prepared but had done the stuff I needed to like write my speech, no.

Everything was changing, I would never have to worry again, never have to work but I would, never be alone. Tomorrow I was getting someone to fight with as well as be my cheerleader. Things had changed for Christian too, like the fact he shared where he lived and that that place was now filled with fluffy blankets and throw cushions. We were both learning and trying to succeed in the same task, making the other person happy.

Christian was definitely trying to make me happy, it could be seen on every wall of this apartment. Gone were the memories of before that needed to be forgotten but some were also honoured. Like at the wedding, 3 empty chairs would be left at the front because he knew I needed them. Yes, I hated my father for killing my mother but he was still part of my past and should in a sense be there on my wedding day and my mum and sister deserved a place because they always will be in my heart. Christian also knew that to keep me happy, no words would be mentioned about them, the empty seats would just be observed because I'd either cry at their names or be angry at his.