Chapter 14- Back but Gone

Charlotte's POV
I closed the door, smiling in relief. I have him back.

Placing the gift box on the table, I took off my shoes and opened the box. Inside, I found the jewellery and the MacBook I'd returned and then a newer model of my phone. You can't buy me back Grey. I turned the phone on, and it pinged with a message from the man himself.

Dream of me x ~ Christian

Always, thank you for tonight x ~ Charlotte

I fell asleep easily for the first time in weeks, finally able to relax. I knew we hadn't finished talking and if this was going to work it would take time but that didn't matter as long as he was willing to accept the time it would take.

'I need you more' his words were floating round my head as I dreamt of meadows and children.

SIP on Friday was hectic, not only were we dealing with the August rush and Jack's crap mood didn't help. It only got worse when Lordane entered his office and then walked out again as Jack started to yell.

"Are you ok?" I asked her, "I handed in my notice, finishing today and using up my holiday till September time." "You're leaving me?" She nodded. "I guess I need to step up my search then." She nodded and began gathering her things.

"Twell, get in here." Jack called just as I was about to leave for the night.

Dinner tonight? Before I go x ~ Christian

Go where? ~ Charlotte

I'll be round about 7 x ~Charlotte

"Now Charlotte," Jack called even louder, as put my phone in my pocket and walked into his office standing behind the desk. "Take a seat," I shook my head. "I'm good," I said sweetly. "Fine. Lordane has quit, so you will need to take over her workload effective immediately." I sighed at his demand, "Heaven forbid you had to work yourself." I muttered not very quietly as he suddenly stood up, walking round the desk to stand in front of me. "How dare you talk to your boss like that, do you have any respect, Miss High-Almighty."

I raised my voice standing my ground refusing to be treated this way anymore, "Respect, are you serious?" I wanted to laugh, "You have lost one editor already because you don't or can't treat us right." He shook his head and countered, "Why haven't you left already?" "Once I finish with my current lot of authors I'll be gone and so will others," I took a step closer and lowered my voice. "You better start looking for some new editors, boss." I turned and left the office into the late August sun of Seattle.

I didn't have to get changed as I was already wearing casual clothes, so when I got back to the apartment I grabbed some nightwear, you won't be needing that, and put them in a bag along with some trainers and gym clothes for the next morning. As I was walking out the door, I picked up the new phone. Christian brought it, he can set it up.

In my car heading to Escala, I made my decision to take our relationship slow, another decision I had made was that he wouldn't be buying me a car. Nor can he buy me back because I like Christian not Mr. Christian Grey.

I took the elevator up and when it reached the penthouse, I began to feel a bit uneasy, remembering the last time I was here. The door opened and standing there facing me was Christian. "Miss. Twell how lovely you look," he said gently, kissing my cheeks then taking my bag from me and carrying it through the apartment. "Thanks, you too." I said shyly.

Sitting down on the couch while he went to get us some wine I called out, "Where are you going?" He sighed walking back, placing the glasses on the table so he could pull me in close. "I have to go to Tokyo." "Oh," I sighed, "when will you be back?" Hoping his answer would be a few days, "2nd or 3rd September." I took a sip of wine, so he might be back for my birthday then. "Well, I hope by then, I will have a new job".