Chapter 44 - Choices

Christian's POV
"Why are you here megabucks?" Kate asked as I entered her living room followed closely by my brother who before I could reply, did for me. "Charlotte has the kids, so he's run away," Elliot casually said like the no big deal it was, but Kate thought otherwise.

"Her friends from work... what are their names?" She asked for clarification, "Eloise and Lordane, yeah. She said we'd babysit but didn't tell me." I replied explaining why I was at theirs.

"You're not staying." Kate said firmly now standing, "Do you know how much these children mean to her?" I shrugged, in my eyes they were just children of a friend. "Jeez Christian, they are like family to her. They call her Auntie Charlotte like their actual aunties."

"You know, she used to pick them up from school and nursery before. She would go over for weekly breakfasts before you became a part of her life." Kate continued to rant but I was still, not knowing what to do.

"You are going to be her future and forever, but you need to understand that not all of her past is fucked up. Some of it should be taken with her not just left behind."

I lean back into the couch further running my hands through my hair in defeat and annoyance. "So you should probably go back home..." Kate suggested when I said and did nothing. I raised an eyebrow, "And do what? I don't know anything about children." I replied honestly leaning forward.

"Seriously? Just play along with them and give them sugar, I don't know I've never babysat in my life." Kate replied pushing me to stand up as Elliot laughed trying to mask his shock. "You never babysat Kate, even Mia did..." Elliot began a quiet conversation with his girlfriend, so I quickly made my leave.

When I stepped out of the elevator, I hadn't expected the calm that I was presented with, a calm I hadn't realised I needed since my life did a complete 180 in two ways.

Charlotte was going to be mine, forever. She was going to marry me on June 1st but whether my parents would be there I wasn't sure. After they turned up at Grey House, I was sure Andrea thought I would kill someone along with Taylor, so I was incredibly grateful she called Charlotte.

I don't think Taylor has ever seen me so mad, not even when Charlotte left me, and I don't think Andrea has ever seen me do anything but shout.

But he knew I needed to be left alone until Charlotte came as she would be the only one, I'd listen to. So he became the barrier between me and my parents even staying with me when we spoke alone. I haven't spoken to either of them since nor has Charlotte and especially after I came to the realisation that them being my parents is why I can't forgive them.

"You're back early?" Charlotte said snapping me back to reality, "Were they not in?" Charlotte asked as I pulled her close kissing her head before answering. "Kate said how much these kids mean to you, so I came home." I smiled softly not wanting to draw attention to the children.

I pulled away slightly, so I was looking straight into her eyes. "They are going to be in your life and so will I," I paused before rephasing, "I'm going to change quickly and help."

Like my words ignited something within her as she pounced, lips meeting mine while her hands threaded through my hair. However, as soon as we connected, we separated due to the cries of the nearby children. I disappeared down the hallway smiling at the sound of giggling and squealing children, but it faltered when I heard 'Uncle Christian'.

I quickly returned to the great room, wearing jeans and a plain t-shirt, where I was nearly jumped on by 4 under 7 year olds. Each of them fighting for my attention, wanting to do something different and soon near chaos erupted.