Chapter 43 - Consequences

Charlotte's POV
Andrea's words were at the forefront of my mind as I grabbed my bag heading straight to the door without logging out my computer.

"Hannah, I need to go, can you deal with everything." I said quickly while texting Sawyer to meet me in the carpark, assuming he would know where we were heading. "Of course, what about the flowers?" She replied pointing to the latest delivery, I sighed stepping into the elevator. "I don't know... water them." I shouted exasperated as the doors closed because funnily enough my mind wasn't focused on flowers it was focused on Christian.

My handsome fiancé who rarely needs me at the office. What's wrong Grey?

The car was already running as I got into the passenger seat next to Sawyer. I wasn't the biggest fan of being driven around so preferred to be in the front if it was just the two of us and it meant I could pick the music not that this was a music moment.

"Grey House," Sawyer said as we pulled out of the carpark. I nodded before turning to the window, "I'm sure it's nothing serious Charlotte or Taylor would have called me." I hummed in agreement but couldn't find it in myself to believe him because I knew Christian was running off kilter thanks to his parents.

Sawyer, understanding the possible severity of the situation didn't bother trying to go to the underground carpark, instead parking on the roadside in front. Knowing better than to run off on my own, I waited for Sawyer not wanting to add to any stress.

Bypassing the reception desk we made our way through the lobby trying to not draw any attention, but people knew that the sound of heels on the marble floor belonged to the CEO's future wife.

Luckily, there was an elevator empty as we approached and by using Sawyer's pass it went straight to the top bypassing any waiting people. Unable to stand still, I was pacing around hoping it would make the ride quicker.

The sound of the doors opening caught my attention bringing me back to the present as I followed Sawyer out only to freeze when my eyes met theirs.

"Charlotte, he is in his office." Taylor said from where he was stood blocking block Grace and Carrick from going down the corridor. I didn't move though, I couldn't believe they would come here of all places after ignoring him for this long.

"Charlotte," Sawyer said gently, trying to lead me towards Christian's office around the blocked Mr and Dr. Grey. But we only managed a few steps before we heard something break coming from Christian's direction.

Everyone in the foyer froze, except me. I dropped my bag and almost ran towards the closed door, hearing in the background Taylor telling Sawyer to put them in the conference room.

I opened the full height door slowly, before stepping in and over a broken plant pot. There was soil covering the white marble floor with the chairs from round the meeting table thrown against the opposite wall.

"Christian," I gently said, looking up to see him flipping the coffee table over, it's glass top smashing into the smithereens. "Christian," I said again louder this time, so I grabbed his attention.

"Go away!" He shouted but I knew it wasn't directed at me, "Christian, baby." I continued taking a carefully placed step forward. "I said go away!" He shouted again flipping a chair into the smashed glass before looking up and meeting my gaze.

"Charlotte..." Christian whispered looking at me, allowing me to take in his almost dishevelled appearance. "I never liked that table," I joked trying to make light of the situation causing him to smile.

"They're here," he spoke through gritted teeth as I took another step closer, nodding. "They have no right to come here when they can't even call me." He continued to rant as I stood in front of him still nodding.