Chapter 34 - He can come see me

Charlotte's POV
I've seen first hand over the past week why and how Christian Grey became a multi billionaire so young, he was truly incredible.

In less than a week he had brought a publishing firm and transferred all necessary assets across the city to Grey Publishing. So that by Wednesday evening, I had signed my ownership of SIP along with his because as Christian had said repeatedly, 'I'm doing this with you not for you'.

Cooper had begun liaising with GEH over contracts, Lordane had been overseeing the movement of files and equipment from SIP over to us so Eloise could organise how and where everything was going to be stored.

I, in the meantime was busy trying to keep the rest of the company running whilst merging everything that could be merged. With the help of the IT department, I had a working running spreadsheet on the progress of books we had published or were in the process of publishing. It would mean both me and department heads could monitor our teams progress which would be extremely beneficial.

My workflow which had been smooth was interrupted by Eloise and Hannah entering my office Friday afternoon. "Charlotte we are never going to fit everything in here," Eloise complained. "I thought we had measured everything." I answered wanting to return to my planning, Hannah then spoke, "We have room for the desks but not for the sheer number of files that are being brought over." I groaned, can anything go right?

"I guess I could move upstairs," I simply sighed, standing, and moving to the window. "But we've just finished the project boards up there." Hannah pointed out with a hint of annoyance, I knew she worked hard to organise them over the holidays, but we needed room. "I know but they will need changing now we have more staff." Eloise said, clearly reading my mind.

"Exactly, we could put my office in the far corner with the windows and then have another conference room next to it then project boards and tables on the other three walls and in the centre." I described as Eloise sketched out what I was saying. "Would Grey Construction do it?" Eloise asked, I shrugged slightly.

I had forgotten about that, I didn't know whether Elliot would do it so last minute especially for me when I knew he was busy.

"Give them a call but don't pressure them we can always find someone else to do it." I said nonchalantly not wanting to abuse the relationship I have with the Grey's especially with the tension from Christmas still in my mind.

Hannah took her leave whereas Eloise took a seat, clearing her throat to get my attention. "You are a kick ass CEO who is expanding her company as we speak," she paused as I nodded, "who is scared to ask her own family to help." Her voice became quieter as she continued, "Family is always there for you even if your own wasn't..."

"Christian's will be." I finished her sentence. "What else is worrying you, because something is," Eloise gently probed. "I overheard a conversation between Christian and his mother," I quietly said due my embarrassment. "About..." Eloise pushed, "If he wants children, he shouldn't be with someone who might not give them to him." Tears filled my eyes, "then some crap about my past she'd heard about me."

I heard Eloise stand up and move towards me wrapping my body up in her arms. "And it's not even like the rumours will be wrong is it," I continued to whisper in her arms. "If I have learnt anything, the past means nothing," she spoke calmly stroking my back. "And you out of everyone I know, are not the same person you were this time last year."

She pulled me out of her hold, so I was facing her with her hands on my shoulders. "Last year you were turning up to my house hungover after spending the night with a random man." She wiped my tears away, "now look at you, you've not turned up in the night before's clothes since you met Christian Grey." I smiled at her as she gave me a final hug.