Chapter 19 - Hair Cut in the Rain

Charlotte's POV
"Here is the address, I'll pick you up at 14:30. You should be done by then." Christian said sweetly as he placed a card in front of me. He had wanted to drop me off and wait with me, but he had to go and check on a shipyard. "I know you are worried, but I'll be fine," I gave him a kiss. "Don't rush, if you're running late, I can wait." He smiled and gave me another kiss before walking out, leaving me with my manuscript until I got ready to leave at about 13:00.

The walk to Esclava was shorter than I thought it would be. I was surprised to see it was on the outskirts of the business district, odd for a salon. I was standing outside the glass frontage, and I had a growing suspicion that this wasn't just a normal salon.

When I read the sign of the door: 'Exclusive Salon - by appointment only' my suspicions were correct. I was glad I was wearing a smart jumper dress and boots, and glad it had momentarily stopped raining.

Opening the door, I was greeted by a young woman, her brown hair neatly curled and pinned back. Before I had even said anything she handed me a glass of champagne, and said, "Miss. Twell, Mr. Grey said you could have the works so where shall we begin?" I couldn't tell if her tone was sarcastic or trying to hide it so I just nodded and replied, "Just a haircut would be fine."

The young women led to through the salon towards a sink when an older woman with platinum blonde hair walked out from what I could only assume was a back office. "I'll take it from here," she said harshly before eyeing me from the ground up.

"I can see why Christian likes you." She said quietly almost as if she didn't want me to hear her, as she placed a cover over my clothes. "Christian?" I asked confused as to how she knew him. "I'm a friend of the family, known him since he was a boy... I'm Elena I've been wanting to meet you for a while, but I didn't know you British." Her voice was soft and gentle as I sat patiently waiting for her to start. She pulled my hair out from under the cover moving it between her fingers.

"You have lovely hair, why does he want it cut?" She asked yet another question, why is she asking so many questions?

"I want my hair cut, not Christian." I stated the obvious as she pulled my hair to one side revealing my ear. "You have a tattoo," I nodded at her statement. "They never normally have any markings," I shifted uncomfortably in my chair. Then I repeated what she just said questioning it, "They never normally have any markings?" She nodded before leading me towards the sink area.

"They?" I repeated getting annoyed. She smiled a darker smile than from earlier, "The 15." She stated, I raised my voice in response to her half answers. "What does that even mean?" She smirked, actually smirked.

"The 15 before you dear"

It hit me like a train, she said she was a family friend and so was that woman, she knew Christian from a teenager and so did that woman, she was that woman, and she knew I knew.

I pulled the cover off from around my neck dropping it on the floor. I took one step closer to her before snapping at her, my voice only above a whisper. "You are a sick person, who can't even be called a woman."

I turned and walked out of the salon, noticing the 5 or so other people in the salon all looking in my direction at the scene I had created but I didn't care. I had to get out that building.

Once out on the street, I checked the time. It turned out I had only been inside 15 minutes and it was also clear I wasn't going to get my hair cut there ever again. I turned around to glance back into the salon and saw that, that woman was on the phone to someone whilst looking over in my direction.

I turned around and began to walk away heading in the direction of I don't know where but right now I was so angry at Christian that I couldn't go to Escala. And without my own keys, I couldn't go to mine, so I decided to walk round the park until I cooled down.