Chapter 23 - Repercussions

Christian's POV
"I'll take her to a facility near Shelton." Flynn said as he closed the car door after I put a sleeping Leila on the back seat. Taylor was supervising the locks smith inside changing the locks as well as boarding the broken window before we headed home. I'd already asked Elliot to have Kate stay with him until she got a key but all I wanted to do now was go home to Charlotte and eat.

"Bill it to me and keep me updated." I said firmly, "Christian that won't be necessary." He tried to reply before I interrupted, "No, this was my fault end of." John knew my decision was final so nodded without saying anything before getting in the car and driving off.

I was heading back towards the apartment when I met Taylor at the door, he was carrying a handbag, Charlotte's bag. "Did she not take it back home?" I asked, presuming that where she was. "No, her phone is here as well," he answered handing me the bag.

We walked back to the car and got in, I glanced at my phone, it was just gone 19:00. I should have been concerned that I hadn't heard from Charlotte, but I had her phone. Maybe I should ring Mrs. Jones.

"Taylor, have you spoken to Gail?" I asked, he shook his head. "When I rang earlier, I didn't get an answer so left a message." I sighed before ringing Gail who answered immediately.

"Mr. Grey how can I help you?" She asked kindly, "We are just leaving, is Charlotte OK?" I asked hoping for the reply to be happy. Gail stuttered on the other end, so I pressed her, "Mrs. Jones?" She took a deep breath, "Miss. Twell isn't here," I felt the air get knocked out of me. "She isn't there?" I asked again needing clarification, and her silence told me she wasn't lying.

I ended the call, and spoke to Taylor, "Charlotte isn't home Taylor. Where is she?" Presuming he knew where she was.

"I went to take her home, but on the street, she got angry and insisted on walking home. Sir, she promised she would go home." I knew he was telling the truth, he wouldn't lie about Charlotte, "OK, we need to find her." He nodded as I continued, "I will check the apartment, then with Kate." He was calm, so I knew it was under control especially as we were about to pull into the garage. Maybe Gail hadn't seen her when she arrived home, maybe.

I got out the car and headed straight for the elevator heading up. Knowing Taylor would take the service one. Where was she?

When I got up to the apartment, Gail was in the kitchen, but I ignored her and headed towards our bedroom, I dropped my coat on the chair before looking around seeing no sign that Charlotte was here. I walked back out to the great room in hope of hearing the elevator ping and for her to walk into my arms, but I was disappointed to see nothing except the grey clouds from earlier darker and heading straight for us.

Charlotte was nowhere to be found and it was going to rain.

I poured myself a glass of scotch then Gail spoke, "Mr. Grey, maybe Charlotte went to a friend's especially after last time she was here alone." I nodded that would make sense but, "I asked her," she smiled, "That's why she was at Pike Place." Gail seemed to understand that I was blaming myself as she placed a plate of food in front of me. "This isn't your fault, Jason said she was ill. You eat and I'll see if Jason has found anything." I nodded and began to eat as she walked towards the security office.

By the time I'd finished eating, it was really raining, and I'd had enough of waiting. It was getting dark and cold, Charlotte never dressed appropriately for the daytime weather let alone at night.

I stormed over to Taylor's office, on my way I removed my tie and undid my top button, the joke was over I needed to find her.

Without knocking I walked in, "I need you to go out and see if you can find her." He nodded and stood up grabbing his coat and keys heading out to elevator. Once he had left, I began to pace, come home please baby.