Chapter 37 - Fresh Start

Charlotte's POV
We left shortly after Grace and I returned from our walk, as we sat in the car side by side, I let Christian know that we needed to talk when we got home. Except that didn't happen, I had fallen asleep in the car and then woke up alone in bed in early evening darkness.

I was still in the same clothes as earlier, so changed into some comfy sweats and made my way through the apartment in search of Christian only to be greeted by a note written in Christian's perfect cursive handwriting.

Char,

I've had to go to the office

I'll be back as soon as I can

There's dinner in the oven

C x

Part of me was relieved that we wouldn't have to have our much overdue conversation but the other half of me knew it needed to happen sooner rather than later.

In the oven I found a quiche which I ate before grabbing my laptop and going over my plan for tomorrow before sending it to both Eloise and Lordane, so they were ready for our big expansion.

Christian wasn't back when I got into bed with a manuscript but had woken me gone midnight when he climbed into bed as quietly as he could. "I'm sorry baby," he'd whispered. "It's alright," I replied rolling over closer to him. "How was the office?" I asked moving my hand from my side to his chest. "A mess," he groaned as my hand moved lower.

"Well," I paused as he began to squirm under my touch, "some things are good messy." He grunted in approval, squeezing my hips, and guiding me on top of him. I leant forward, gently kissing his lips before shaking my head. "You woke me up, I'm not going on top Grey."

That was all the encouragement he needed to pin me down and have his way with me before we fell asleep wrapped round each other. Christian mumbling words I couldn't understand as he was falling asleep.

"Good morning Miss. Twell," Mrs. Jones greeted me as I walked into the kitchen. Christian woke me up at six with his head in between my legs, chuckling as I moaned out in satisfaction. He had left me sweating in our bed while he rushed around the bedroom as our escapades lasted longer than he had expected making him run behind. He had quickly wished me good luck for my day before heading out for a breakfast meeting.

"Morning Mrs. Jones," I smiled as I sat down at the breakfast bar. "Coffee? Cooked breakfast?" She asked standing on the opposite side of the island. "Please and avocado on toast if possible." Trying to be healthy so I wouldn't risk gaining any weight as I've not been going to the gym as much. 'But you still get your daily workouts in' my subconscious spoke up.

By the time I'd finished my breakfast it was just before eight, "I'll let Sawyer know you're ready." Mrs. Jones said quickly as I headed back to my bedroom grab a pair of heels that matched my bright blue blazer which I'd hope would show my new employees that I don't take bullshit from anyone.

"Are you ready to go, ma'am?" Sawyer asked, stood next to the elevator. I nodded, grabbing my bag and coat then joining him. "Sawyer I am Charlotte or Miss. Twell never ma'am." I pointed out as I put my coat on. "Sorry, ma'am" he replied making me roll my eyes. That was a habit he needed to lose.

We stepped out of the elevator, where he led me to the SUV he had unlocked before driving me to the office. During the journey we spoke about the security arrangements for today which I had a feeling Christian was meant to discuss with me yesterday evening, but he had gone to work.

"I'll drive you in the mornings or follow you if you would rather drive yourself," Sawyer explained. "I'll sit in the security office unless you need me," he continued but I raised my eyebrows. "Isn't the building already secure though?" I asked presuming he would just drop me off and go back to Escala.