Chapter 30 - Parties

Charlotte POV
"And you have the party at Mr. Grey's parents tonight." I sighed, it was the middle of December and Hannah was running through my itinerary for the rest of the month. "Yes, what time again?" I asked trying to sound confident. She smiled kindly, "Dinner served at 8, arrivals from 18:30." I nodded before reaching for my phone to text Christian.

What time are we leaving tonight? x ~ Charlotte

Be there for 7 or 7:30, why? ~ Christian

Cool, dress code? x ~ Charlotte

Cocktail, Christmas colours x ~ Christian

Don't stress xx ~ Christian

I'm fine, I have a meeting so will be back late x ~ Charlotte

"Hannah, can you find out if Thomas will be back in Seattle before Christmas?" I asked as I walked out of my office to the conference room. She nodded back to me, letting me know she would find out. "And could you look at setting up a project room thing," Hannah gave me a confused look, "My desk under the photo from the party." Hannah nodded as I turned and walked away.

"Good afternoon, I'm Charlotte Twell." I stuck my hand out for him to shake it and introduce himself even though I knew who he was. "I was expecting Lordane," He spoke angrily, and I nodded. "I know but she is unwell," I answered sitting down, realising he wasn't going to shake my hand. "Shall we begin, Mr James?" He huffed before sliding a manuscript towards me. This will be fun.

It was nearly 18:00 when I managed to conclude the quick meeting that became nearly 2 hours long, I was dying for a drink and to stretch my legs after being sat for so long. Put it this way, I was glad Mr. James wasn't on my personal books because he was a nightmare. I was under the impression that this would be a quick 'how's it going?' meeting but he thought differently. Expecting me to go through each edited point with him, even though I wasn't the one who had edited it.

Mr James couldn't except the fact that it could be really good, but he had to trust his publisher, or it would fail. It was simple really and he definitely didn't want to trust me, so I don't know how he felt about Lordane.

I threw the paperwork on Lordane's desk as I headed towards my office trying to leave as quick as I could when I bumped into Hannah.

"Shit, I'm sorry." I said checking to make sure she was alright. "It's fine," she said as I walked in the direction of my office only stopping when she spoke again. "He's back 19th leaving 20th." I smiled at her, "Thank you, now go home I'll see you Monday."

Once in my office, I quickly added Thomas, Wife, Boys x2 to my to do list before grabbing my handbag and coat off my chair, then locking my office to head home.

"Good evening, Miss. Twell" Mrs. Jones greeted me as I stepped off the elevator into the penthouse, "Mrs. Jones." I smiled at her as she stepped towards me to help me with my balancing act of heels, bags, and a coat.

"Why do I wear heels?" I asked as she took my coat from my arms shrugging her shoulders, so I continued. "Because society says you are more respected the taller you are hence high heels in the office... bullshit!" My rant ended when I heard my favourite chuckle carry through the building.

"Because they make your legs look incredible." Gail quickly disappeared as I flipped Christian off only for him to blow me a kiss.

"You said you'd be late, not very late." I nodded before apologising with a kiss, "You look very handsome Mr. Grey." I said wrapping my arms around his neck admiring his tight dark shirt, kissing him slowly. "Char, you need to stop, or we'll never leave," he whispered pulling away. I sighed "Would that be so bad?" He chuckled, "We promised we'd go." He said heading towards our bedroom with me following behind, slowly.