Chapter 51 - Beginning of Forever

Charlotte's POV
I didn't think I'd ever seen Christian smile so much, he hadn't stopped since I stepped out of the cabin. Christian kissed me again before grabbing my hand, as our guests cheered. He quickly thanked the reverend for a lovely service before leading us down the aisle through his, while I guess our family so the party could begin.

The two of us were quickly handed a coupe of Grande Année Rosé before we were led away to have what felt like a million pictures taken. But these were just the formal photographs because as per Teddy's advice, we were having candid and casual ones taken throughout the day.

Once finished, the two of us separated to make our way around the guests who had made the journey to Bainbridge Island to be with us.

"You look magnificent," Ros smiled kissing my cheeks followed by her wife. "This dress is incredible, who designed it?" Looking down at my dress I blushed amazed at how it really did turn out even down to lace with roses on. "I did with the help of lady from Kent," I quietly replied making their mouths drop.

Before either of them could come up with a reply, a soft bell rang informing us that lunch was ready.

"Can I steal my wife please?" Christian appeared at my side, Ros merely nodded but Gwen smiled widely joking that she no longer be in the presence of someone who designs their own dress.

"Do you know how badly I want to take you upstairs?" He whispered kissing me, I nodded because the feeling was mutual but we would never return if we began. "You could start if wanted to?" I suggested motioning to my veil that was bigger than the dress almost. Christian swiftly removed it before he heard Elliot call out for us and our big arrival.

The food was incredible, pan fried scallops followed by duck and veggies. Homely enough for my liking but suited Christian's and most of our guests delicate palates. However, the speeches which occurred throughout were even better. Carrick spoke first, whilst we were eating our starter.

"The day you watch your son get married, is a day you won't ever forget. To see all your hard work you put into raising them was actually worthwhile because you see and know that your child is happy. That is all I've ever wanted to give all my children is happiness and love so I couldn't be prouder today."

Christian squeezed my hand, feeding me every so often as I was too mesmerized to focus nor did I want to spill anything.

"Charlotte, you have not only made Christian a happy man but you have made our family whole because in some sense you have given us our son. Although he is now a man at the beginning of his journey, he will always be our son like you our second daughter."

"It is with my best wishes and love for the future, that I raise my glass and ask you all to join, to Mr. and Mrs. Christian Grey."

Taking a sip of the white wine in front of me, which was changing to red with the second course. I stood followed by my husband to thank his father before Elliot had his moment to shine while the plates were cleared.

"Firstly, the bride looks stunning and my brother well, he always wears a suit." He began making everyone laugh. "When I first met Charlotte, a year before my brother I'd like to add, I was trying to sleep with her." I went bright red, "but she refused pretty firmly and then left this club with a mate of mine. She had claimed I wasn't her type so when I found out a year later that this Charlotte who'd rejected me, was Kate's roommate Charlotte, who also happened to be the girl my brother was with. My mind was blown."

"Growing up when my mind was blown it was usually from a punch that came from his fist and I'd like to say I didn't deserve it but I was probably being annoying. Christian would spend most of his time in silence usually reading and being alone unlike me and now he will never have peace again."