Chapter 31 - Winter Break

20th December

Charlotte's POV
"Wake up," Christian whispered gently in my ear before he started spreading kisses from my ear along my jaw. I slowly opened my eyes, disorientated about my whereabouts. "We're landing in 15 minutes, baby." Christian continued, while buckling my belt for me.

We were currently on Christian's private jet heading to Aspen just the two of us. The fact he had a private jet was just ridiculous but then again, he is Christian Grey. The rest of his family are going to fly out later in the week instead of joining us today. They said it had always been the plan but deep down I knew it was because Christian wanted to spend some time just us before everyone else invaded our personal space.

"How long have you had this?" I asked, making myself comfortable in the chair next to him where I'd been sleeping. "About 3 years," he said stroking my hair back into place.

I spent the remainder of the flight observing the décor, it was different from Escala, darker woods, and black couches. It definitely wasn't his usual style, but it was nice. A kiss on my forehead brought my attention back to Christian, and like he could read my mind he said, "I brought it like this, it wasn't my choice on the interior," he paused "this time." He winked nudging my shoulder causing me to giggle.

So cocky

My laughing ceased when Natalia, the stewardess, entered the main cabin. "Mr. Grey, Miss. Twell we will be landing in a few moments, the time is 14:40 and it is snowing outside." I smiled widely at her.

We landed without any bumps and were quickly whisked into the waiting car by Taylor who drove us out of the terminal towards Aspen, up the winding roads.

"How long have you owned this place?" I asked as the car drove through the open gates covered in snow. "2 years maybe," he squeezed my hand "I hope you like it," He continued as the car came to a stop.

I stepped out as soon as the engine was off and lost my breath, not from the cold but the view. "Like it, I love it!" I said is disbelief. I walked round the car to where he stood, kissing him, "You can see the skiers." I said pointing to the side where the ski sloped passed the impressive building which was a combination of wood, stone, and glass.

"Mr. Grey," a lady's voice called out from the front door. "Welcome back, please come inside out of the cold." She smiled as Christian led the way across the snow. "Mrs Bentley, its lovely to see you, this is..." But before Christian could continue, he was interrupted by the happy Mrs. Bentley. "Miss. Twell I've heard so much about you."

I giggled, "I hope all good things and please call me Charlotte." I squeezed Christian hand which was round my waist and whispered softly, "Can we go in and warm up?" He nodded, "Dinner at 18:30 please for 6." Christian said to Mrs. Bentley who nodded and left us alone in the entryway.

"6?" I questioned as I removed my boots, Christian shrugged like it was no big deal, but we never ate with anyone else at home. I gave him a pointed look wanting to know more, "Taylor, Mrs. B, her husband and son JJ." I smiled, happy he told me and also because I've never seen him this relaxed about being with other people.

"Tour?" I nodded even though I knew we'd only get to the bedroom and no further.

The house was incredible, well the parts we saw before getting to the master. There is a large lounge with a big fire and grand piano as well as a snug. Every room overlooking the slopes had windows, but the most amazing room was the master. It was at the other end of the house away from the rest of the bedrooms and had windows on 3 walls as well as a balcony.

"They are controlled by a remote to be tinted, mirrored, blinds up and down." Christian explained from behind me as I gazed across to the mountains opposite us.