Chapter 16 - Welcome

Charlotte's POV
After my drunken antics the other night, I had a bruised ankle as well as a lump on my bruised forehead. When Christian gave me my 'present' I was shocked but after discussing it more in between the sheets and then the following day I decided to leave SIP tomorrow. It was Friday and I'd already told them I was leaving allowing Grey Publishing to formerly open on Monday. Christian explained that the current editors at GP had been working for a few months so that when it had an official office it wouldn't be starting from scratch which I thought was smart.

I did have my own conditions if I was going to take this job and they were simple: Lordane and Eloise can work as editors and be on the board, they taught me a lot, so it was only fair to them to offer them the job. When dealing with GEH, I'd work with Ros Bailey not Christian.

Finally, Christian and I's relationship could not be public.

My 3rd condition was actually the easiest one to persuade Christian with, "I already got this job for being your girlfriend, I don't need the public knowing that as well." I said to him, "You got this because of your talent not me and I agree I like our private relationship, everything is easy, just us." He replied kissing me before heading to work.

I called over to him as he walked across the great room to the elevator, "I'm going to stay at mine till Saturday, OK?" He shook his head but said it was fine. I knew it annoyed him that I wasn't with him all the time and that I had a separate life, but it was the reality and we had agreed to take things slow which was exactly what I was going to do.

I left Christian's apartment around 9, I'd already let Jack know I was going to be in around lunch, so I headed back to mine to shower and dress for my penultimate day at SIP.

When I did arrive, I saw Jack shaking hands with man around his age both of them smiling. I'd just sat down when both men walked over to me. "Miss Twell this is Mr Tristan Scott, the new senior editor at SIP." Jack spoke first, I smiled politely shaking his hand, "Pleasure to meet you." Jack quickly continued to speak, "Shame you to won't be working together for very long." I nodded and Tristian looked confused, "I'm leaving tomorrow." I said quickly, "Tomorrow?" Jack queried. "Yes tomorrow, I have a new opportunity and it's clear you have a replacement ready here." Tristian then spoke up, "Well good luck then." I smiled getting back to work as Jack showed Mr. Scott out.

"Tomorrow Miss. Twell." He shouted across the office, his polite self gone the minute Tristian had gone. "Yes, I already told you I would be leaving in September, so I am." I answered in a calm tone. "Are you trying to piss me off?" His voice still loud. "No, I am not Mr. Hyde." I said with finality as he walked back into his office.

I spent the rest of the afternoon, letting my authors know that I was leaving SIP and if they still wanted to publish with me, I could be emailed and transfer them to my new company. Some books which I was less passionate about, I printed out all my notes and comments leaving them for when Mr. Scott began work.

News had spread around the office that I was leaving, and that Jack and I had had yet another one-way shouting match. So, when I walked in on Friday my desk was covered in balloons and flowers as well as a banner with 'sorry you're leaving' and 'good luck'. I thanked everyone for their gifts and well wishes. Many had commented on how I had always stood my ground with Mr. Hyde over the years. It all meant that at the end of the day, I was glad I had brought my car to take everything home in.

I was sad to be leaving SIP, I began my career here and I had learnt a lot, but I was, according to Christian, ready to be the CEO of my own publishing firm.

"Charlotte since when were we a florist?" Kate asked as she walked through the apartment. "They are leaving presents," I said casually whilst cooking dinner. "You left! What are you doing now?" She asked pouring two glasses of wine. I let her place her glass back down when I answered her question, "CEO of a new company."