Chapter 18 - Not a competition

Charlotte's POV
"I need a haircut," I complained over breakfast. "I know a salon, I'll book you in for Saturday." He replied like it was a normal thing for a guy to know a salon, I nodded in appreciation. It was the last Thursday in September and there was still surprisingly nice weather for Seattle. We had both been too busy to spend much time together since I started my new job and usually, I was just too tired at the end of the day to drive to Escala when my own apartment was nearer to the office.

However, this weekend would be different.

Christian had decided that this weekend I would be staying at Escala so that 'Elliot and Kate could spend some time together' but I knew it was because he wanted to be alone with me. He made sure I had no excuses by leaving my car at mine meaning he'd have to give me a lift, clever Grey.

When we arrived outside GP, Christian gave me a kiss. "My mother wants to know if you'll come to Elliot's birthday lunch next weekend?" He asked carefully knowing after last time at his parents I was in no rush to go again. I shrugged my shoulders, we were already going out on his birthday so honestly, I wasn't really bothered. "If you go, I'll join," I said before closing the door and walking inside.

"Miss. Twell," Clare in reception greeted me I shook my head. "It's Charlotte," she nodded before handing me a pile of letters. "Also, your phone is going crazy," she smiled as I walked towards the elevator. Clare was right, after we launched Thomas' book the other day, Grey Publishing's became inundated with both orders as well as general interest as people learnt that we actually existed. Yes, it was very exciting but also stressful, thankfully GEH had agreed with me to hire some junior editors as well as interns to help us out.

My plan was to interview over October for editors then look for interns after. I do have a plan, like my plan to make my office more me but then again if we were to expand the company, I would probably have to move my office upstairs, so I'll leave my interior designing for a few months.

I spent my day predominantly on the phone and looking for good manuscripts at the same time which was a good distraction during my boring calls.

I'm outside x ~ Christian

I smiled, I knew when I said pick me up at 17:30 he'd be here at 29 minutes past.

On my way x ~ Charlotte

I walked through the office, some people had gone home but a couple were still here making some last-minute changes to chapters or front covers. Saying goodbye to them all, I headed out to the front and straight into the car. Once inside I was greeted with a kiss, and we headed towards Christian's penthouse to begin our weekend together.

We were sat in great room each doing our own things when Christian randomly asked, "What birth control are you on?" I was shocked by his question, it wasn't like it was really his business. When we first met, I told him we were covered so I thought we had already had this conversation.

Clearly, I had I waited longer than I'd thought to reply when he continued to say, "Only because with my submissives, I would have had them see my doctor." I snorted at his 'my doctor' business, presuming his doctor was male.

"I'm on the pill, like I already told you." I said simply then got back to reading my book only to be interrupted. "Do you have a doctor?" He asked, I shrugged continuing to read. Me not answering with words made Christian angry very quickly. "When I ask you a question, I expect an answer." I rolled my eyes, "No I don't up here, I never got round to it but I'm just on a prescription after all the years." He shook his head with a slight smile, what now? I answered his question.

"Spanking occurs in vanilla relationships, Twell." I giggled at his mood changes. "Years?... I want you to see my doctor." I immediately closed my book, ignoring the question he had asked first. "Is your doctor male?" I questioned, he nodded, and I shook my head. "No, I will not see your doctor."