Chapter 25 - Passing Weeks

Charlotte's POV
"How do people still not know about you two?" Kate asked at dinner the following weekend.

Christian had been down in Portland since Thursday for work and Elliot was out with his mates, so it was just the two of us in the same apartment all the drama had happened in last weekend.

"Well, it helps that both of our schedules are busy." I said, drinking my wine. "I know that, but the press follows him everywhere." I shrugged, "We have our ways." She rolled her eyes and continued to eat the chicken curry I had made. It had been ages since I'd last cooked mainly because Gail cooked during the week and then we would reheat her meals at the weekend.

"So, you've officially moved out then?" Kate asked, I nodded, and she smiled. "So, Elliot can move in with me then?" This time I smiled, "You really love him, don't you?" I ask, instead of replying she topped up my glass and passed it me, "Is this your way of shutting me up?" I asked as I began to drink, Kate just nodded.

"What's wrong?" I asked concerned, Kate is never this quiet, ever. "I don't..." She muttered so I couldn't hear the end of her sentence, "You don't what Kate." I placed my glass down and reached for her hands squeezing them. "I don't love him." She quickly said, I was surprised they'd been together longer than Christian and I. "Why?" I asked, I didn't have a bad word to say about Elliot.

"I just don't, and I don't know why," she sounded desperate.

"Are you scared to love him?" I gently probed.

"Maybe, it's just his past." She said quietly, and I shook my head, "No Kate, don't say that everyone has a past, mine is just as bad maybe even worse than his." She nodded slowly, "But he hasn't left his past behind like you." I sighed, "Can anyone though?" I knew I hadn't, all I had done was close that closet door.

Kate shrugged, "Kate, you want him to move in with you and from what I've heard he will say yes. This could be the clean slate needed." I tried to reason with her, "I guess."

Happy with her answer, I changed the subject to work and her family so I wouldn't have to talk about Christian and I, but that plan didn't last long.

"How are you two?" Kate asked pausing the TV, "We're good, just trying to juggle things is stressful." I wasn't lying, everything seemed to happen at once. Grey Publishing was becoming a huge success and I needed more staff but kept putting it off, Christian had been working more at home than normal, and trying to make time for each other only seemed to be possible in the bedroom.

"You don't have to sugar coat it, Twell." Kate said pulling me in for a hug, "You are both CEOs, with lives that come from different places." I nodded before reaching for the remote and turning the TV back on ending our conversation but giving me lots to think about.

Would we last if we kept going like this?

Even though I wasn't planning on staying at around midnight after 3 bottles of wine between us. I climbed in Kate's bed with her and fell asleep, dreaming yet again of children and meadows.

"Morning sexy," Kate said as I walked through the front door sweaty. After I had woken at around 6 this morning, I had gone for a run to remove any chances of a hangover. "Morning to you too." I yawned as I sat down in front of the serving of granola, she had put out for me. "By the way, your phone was buzzing while you were out." I groaned, who would want me on a Sunday morning before 8am...

Christian.

I went straight into the bedroom, grabbed my phone, and sat on the bed and began to read.

Have a good time with Kate, Text me when you're home x ~ Christian