Chapter 47 - School Dance

On the trip back to the citadel, you talked about what you had seen in the parking lot with Ignis and Noctis. Short of it sounding like something out of a horror film, they both sat there and quietly listened. But you grew nervous when you were finished, since neither of them said anything. You dropped your head as the silence seemed to extend longer than you thought it should have.

They must think that I'm going crazy now. You thought as you started nervously rubbing your hands together.

"I know what I said sounds crazy." You quietly said as you tried to calm your hands back down. "But I know what I saw and it was a man with bright red hair and a long black trench coat. And those eyes, those weren't normal eyes."

"Was this the first time that you have ever seen him?" Ignis finally asked as he broke the awkward silence.

"Yeah." You quietly said as you recalled his smile before he turned demonic. "That's not exactly a face that you would ever forget."

"No its not." Noctis said as he stared out the window. "Not if it's the same person that my dad has been talking about for years now."

"You don't think that it could be Adagium do you?" Noctis asked as he turned and looked at Ignis.

"Perhaps." Ignis replied in a low tone as he dropped his gaze. "But there's no way to be sure, without seeing him for ourselves."

"Whoa. What a minute. Are you talking about the guy they locked up like half a century ago? But there's no way it's him." You returned as you looked at Ignis in shock. "All of our books say that he's locked up in Angelguard. And how could he still be alive after all this time?"

"That's because he's immortal for one. And the history books were right. At least up until a few years ago when the empire had broken him out." Ignis gravely answered as he looked out the window.

"As a precaution, we have to inform his majesty as soon we get back." Ignis said as he slowly looked at Noctis.

Noctis grunted his agreement, then turned his gaze to look outside the car window once again. You dropped your gaze and slowly rubbed your hands together as the image of the man played over and over in your head as if in a horror film.

~~~~~~~~~~0~~~~~~~~~~

The car was silent for the rest of the trip. Not even the music on the radio was enough to distract anyone as each of you were lost in thought. And before you knew it, the car was pulling up in front of the citadel. After the car came to a stop, everyone quietly climbed out and started walking up the stairs carrying their school bag.

"Perhaps we should check-in with Korn first before we go to King Regis." You said as you climbed the stairs. "This way he can scout it out before we get the King worked up over the wrong person."

"That might not be a bad idea." Noctis said as he walked by your left side. "I would rather not upset my dad over nothing. Especially when it comes to Adagium."

"I concur." Ignis said as he looked in you general direction. "We should make sure that we have all of information on the stranger before informing the King."

"It's settled then." Noctis said. "Let's go see Korn first."

You and Ignis both nodded in agreement.

~~~~~~~~~~0~~~~~~~~~~

"So your saying that you saw him getting out of the Yeagre's limo during lunch today, in the school parking lot?" Korn asked as he looked at you standing in front of his desk while he sat back in his chair and crossed his arms across his chest.