Chapter 2 - Summer Fun

NOCTIS dropped his gaze and sat back in his chair. How he missed those beginning days. He loved to see you through the tree line as he would exit the service tunnel that was covered up by the trees in the back of the park. He knew that you would always be waiting for him to come out from the citadel's security fence-line when the two of you would meet up.

You would always be watching the trees while you waited for him to show up. The thought of seeing you like that every time was always exciting for him as he emerged from the trees. In fact your smile was the best part of those long summer days where the two of you would spend hours playing in the park.

That first encounter with you had led to a unique bond between the two of you. To you, he was a special secret friend that you got to see every time you went to the park. For Noctis, you were that friend that he had always wanted. A friend that would treat him just like any other kid for once.

He didn't have to worry about you treating him differently just because of who he was. In fact, he never once mentioned that he was the Prince and the son of King Regis who resided over the city of Insomnia and all of Lucis. For all he wanted was to just be free to act any way he wanted, without the constant reminder of the image that he had to project. And that was how he wanted it to be. The time that he got to spend with you, was priceless to him. For that was when Noctis really got to act and play like any other child.

The two of you would spend hours playing in the grass at the park or swinging on the swings by the playground. You both had even tried to fish in the pond once. But after a few hours you both realized that there weren't any fish in there. So, you resorted to skipping rocks instead. You had thought that you were doing really good when you got it to skip twice. But then Noctis got his to skip four times before it stopped. It was funny, that even though you were a just over a year older than him, you both still loved to play the same types of games at the park. The favorite one was hide and go seek. Which Noctis was proud to say that he always won. But he didn't have the heart to tell you that he had used his warping power a couple times to catch you. He was afraid that it might scare you if you knew about it.

Well as fate would have it, it just so happened to be that during one of those days, was when the secret play dates were discovered by one of his closet companions, Ignis Scientia. Now Ignis was in training to be the royal family advisor, as he served as Noctis' royal retainer. He was also preparing to train for the Crownsguard so that he could protect Noctis when he got older.

This all had him working very closely with his uncle who work at the Citadel, where the royal family lived. His duties kept him busy with training and studying his various lessons, all while still tending to his normal academic studies at the local middle school. But his top and foremost priority was always taking care of Prince Noctis. Which sometimes Noctis appreciated the company, even if he did get nagged by Ignis a lot during that time as well.

~~~~~~~~~~0~~~~~~~~~~

The day you first met Ignis had been on a hot summer day, just like most. You and Noctis had decided the day before to meet in the park after lunch so that you could play. Well Ignis had decided to follow Noctis that day since he had noticed that the young prince seemed to be going to the garden a lot lately. But he couldn't seem to locate him once he entered the garden.

This of course greatly puzzled Ignis and made him very concerned. What kind of royal retainer was he if he couldn't even keep track of one prince? Now he initially just wanted to find out what Noctis was doing after he entered the garden. Which seemed to cover up how he has been able to disappear the way that he was.

That day Noctis had made a quick escape after lunch, as usual, from Ignis before he headed into the garden so that he could head over to the park. But little did he know that Ignis had decided to follow him to find out where Noctis had been disappearing to over the last month and a half. So when Noctis looked around before he headed into the garden. Ignis saw this and hide behind the door that led into the kitchen from the dinning room.