Chapter 35 - Future Challenges

Ignis paused outside of the kitchen as he looked at the table.  And all he saw was the bright eyes of Gina staring back at him from the table as she happily continued to eat her eggs. She was sitting in the head seat that he knew you had set for his uncle. He narrowed his eyes for a brief second as he looked back at her. But then he relaxed and walked up to her. He noticed that she was almost done and had done a good job of keeping the mess to only her plate.

"Are you okay?" Gina asked with her big eyes as she stared up at him.

Ignis slightly smiled back at her.

"I'm fine." He said as he rubbed her head. "You know, (y/n) hadn't set that seat up for you? That was suppose to be for my uncle."

Gina stopped mid-bite at his words. 

 "This wasn't for me?" She asked as she started to put her fork down.

"It's fine now." He said with a sign.

"Just be sure to ask next time. And try to not to make a mess." He told her as he rubbed her head again before removing his hand.

Gina gave Ignis her big doe eyes as she nodded with a smile. Ignis just smiled back.

I know that (y/n) won't mind just changing out the utensils. He thought as he watched her take a bite of eggs. Just as long as that's the only thing that needs to be cleaned up.

"I have to go talk to my uncle for a minute. Just finish up before you head out to play.  And you can leave the dishes on the table.  We'll take care of them after your done." Ignis said to her as he walked towards the garden.

She nodded one more time at Ignis. He nodded back, then entered the garden so that he could search for his uncle. She watched him walk out the door with a smile. Then she turned back to her breakfast. That was when she noticed the orange juice.

~~~~~~~~~~0~~~~~~~~~~

It didn't take Ignis long to find his uncle. For he was sitting in one of the chairs by a table, near the water fountain that was in the center of the garden. He was silently writing in his black notebook that he kept in his coat pocket. Ignis slightly smiled as he looked at him while approached him. It had been his uncle who had gotten him in the habit of writing certain things down.

Ignis's book was mainly full of cooking tips and recipes. But his uncles were usually full of battle strategies and mission details as he saw how they might play out. His uncle had told him once that it helped him to make decisions on different situations based on what could happen. It also gave him a chance to see how it might play out before he actually put anyone in the field. This was one of the main reasons that he was the head of the Intelligence Department. For under his guidance, the casualty rate for the Kingsglaives had dropped drastically.

Korn looked up when he saw someone approaching him.

"Ah. Ignis." He said with a smile.

"Please join me while we wait." Korn said as he gestured to the empty chair opposite of his, before returning to his writing.

Ignis didn't argue. Instead Ignis took a seat in the chair. He didn't sit back though. Instead he sat up so that he wouldn't get his shirt dirty. He wasn't a big fan of getting dirt on his clothes, if he could avoid it. In fact there had been a few times when he had gone a bit extreme on avoiding situation that would have gotten his clothing dirty. It's not that he was afraid to get dirty, he just preferred to avoid it if possible.

"I take it Mr. Clifton is on his way home." Korn asked as he continued writing in his book.

"Yes. I suspect that he should be home by now, or at least close to it at this point." Ignis said as he crossed his legs and placed both of his hands on his top knee.