Chapter 8 - Dinner Date

King Regis stood with his hands stretched out to his sides as he greeted us. He was dressed in his black pin striped suit, black shirt, black and white striped tie. That was finished off with his black leather shoes. His dark brown hair and mustache gave him a fatherly appearance as his eyes shined with affection.

"Thank you for inviting us over, your majesty." Your dad said as he bowed to him.

"Think nothing of it. I'm just glad that you could join us." King Regis said with a big smile to your dad before he looked at you. "Have you ever visited the citadel before?"

"No sir, I haven't." You nervously said as you slightly bowed to him.

"Well then, let me welcome you to the Center of Insomnia and my home. I hope that you have been treated well so far." He asked as he looked at all of us.

"We have, your Majesty." Your dad answered as he slightly bowed his head.

"I'm glad to hear it." King Regis smiled back then came over to you and bent down so that he could see your eyes.

"I know that Noctis has been anxious for your visit." He said a bit quieter towards you. "Please pardon him if he seems a bit nervous."

You smiled and dropped your head as you slightly blushed.

"I can understand where he's coming from." You said as you nervously brushed the loose strands of your hair behind your ear.

"Good evening." You heard a familiar voice say as you looked away from the king and towards the new comer.

"I hope that my dad hasn't been boring you." He said with a smile.

That was when you saw Noctis walking up to you in a nice black suit himself. He looked almost exactly like his dad except that his jet black hair had the teased look to it and he was much shorter then him. He was giving the king a joking glance as he approached.

"I dare say that I have no idea what you mean, son." King Regis joked back with a smile.

Noctis just smiled back at him and shook his head as he joined his dad by his side. The sight of the two of them joking like that, gave a sense of the true bond between the two. The King truly did care for his son and so did his son in return. You could see the loving affection of both on their faces.

"Well now that Noctis has joined us, shall we proceed to the dining hall?" The King said as he placed his hand on Noctis' shoulder.

"Sounds good." Your dad said.

"Please, this way." The King said as he released Noctis and gestured towards one of the doors, that was now being held open by Jared.

The opened door revealed a hallway that led off to the left from the main entrance. You noticed that the hallway looked a lot like the foyer with the dark wallpaper and high-gloss marble floors. The only difference seemed to be that there were several large paintings hanging on the walls.

Noctis walked up to you and bowed as he held out his left elbow to you. You gave him a confused look since you weren't sure what that was about. But then you looked over at your parents and saw that your mom had taken you dad's arm with her hand. They smiled and nodded to you with a smile. You smiled back at them then turned to Noctis and placed your hand around his extended upper arm.

Then Noctis smiled at you as he stood up. You smiled back at him as you further wrapped your hand around his arm. He placed his hand over yours and slightly squeezed before he releasing it as he started to lead you and the group down the hallway to the dining hall. As everyone walked along, you could feel your heart beating fast in your chest as your nerves were starting to come unhinged. Noctis looked at you and smiled.