Chapter 34 - Kitchen Helper

Rick nodded and gave Ignis a huge smile. "Welcome to the dive team Ignis."

Ignis simply smiled back at Rick. "Thank you."

You felt your heart soar as you heard those words. Ignis stood there and grinned back at his uncle as if in shock. Korn smiled back at him with a proud look. Finally you couldn't stand it and grabbed him around the waist and gave him a big hug.

"Congratulations." You said as you squeezed him. "I'm so happy for you."

Ignis smiled as his rubbed your back with his hand. Then you released him with a huge grin on your face. He smiled back at you and grabbed your hand. He gave it a slight squeeze as he gave you overjoyed look. You smiled back and slightly nodded.

"I do hope that your ready for some long workouts." The coach said as he looked at Ignis.

"What will these workouts entail?" Ignis asked as his face became straight again.

"Well, we practice for one hour everyday after school and for two hours every Saturday. This is done before swim practice starts. You will still be required to race in the pool as well as compete on the board, so don't miss any practices." Rick explained as he watched Ignis' reaction to see if he was going to back down.

Ignis simply nodded then turned to his uncle. Korn smiled and nodded back.

"Not to worry." Koran said to his nephew. "As I promised, I'll ease up on your studies during the swim season. Besides, it sounds like you're going to be pretty busy for the next few months."

"But." Korn said then he turned to you.

"This doesn't mean that you'll will be relaxing young lady. In fact as of today, you'll be starting your studies with me." He said as he gave you a very serious look.

You gave him a bit of a shocked expression.

"Since you'll be staying at the citadel for awhile, we might as well get you going on your lessons." He said as he reached over and grabbed your arm as he pulled you away from Ignis.

"Let's walk and I'll explain what you'll be required to do." Korn said as he released your arm and put his other hand on your back as he turned you towards the door that led out of the pool.

You nervously looked back at Ignis as you were being escorted away. Ignis simply nodded at you then turned back to the coach.

"You will be receiving training in several different areas to include cooking. Which will start today, with you making breakfast for us." Korn said in a casual voice as if he was giving instructions to one of the servants. Then he stopped and dropped his hand as he turned back to look at Ignis and Rick.

"Ignis." He called over, which instantly made Ignis look up. "Please see our guest to the door when you are done. Then join us in the dining room for breakfast. But do take your time. Miss (y/n) will be cooking this morning and this may take a while."

As you looked at Ignis, you thought that you saw a hint of concern cross his face as he looked at you. But it was gone before you could really register it.

"Yes sir." Ignis responded quickly and slightly nodded to him.

"Thank you again for stopping by Mr. Clifton." Korn said to the coach.

"And I do appreciate you helping out my nephew like this. Just mind that he does seem to get distracted sometimes." Korn said as he turned and looked at you with the last phrase.

You were taken back by his words.

"There won't be any cause for concern." Rick reassured him. "The training schedule keeps them pretty busy."