Chapter 26 - Gut Check

"Hey you two!" Gladio shouted through the window. "Are you done or what? We're burning daylight."

Slowly Ignis stepped back as he turned towards the door and saw Gladio standing outside with his arms crossed in front of himself. Ignis signed as he tried to calm down his racing heart as his whole body seemed to tingling. He was fighting to calm back down from the urge to pull you close to him and kiss you. But as he looked back at you, you stood there with a warm smile and a gentle look in your eyes.  Which made him forget about everything else as he smiled back at you.  Then looked behind you and saw that the water was still running.

"Let's shut that water off before we run out of hot water, shall we." Ignis tried to say in a calm voice as he reached behind you and turned the faucet off.

You blinked your eyes a few times as you looked at him. Then you were slightly startled when Ignis reached behind you to turn the water off. Then you caught your breath as his body brushed up against yours as he reached around you. Your heart raced as you caught a faint hint of his cologne as he leaned past you.

"Perhaps we should wait to do the dishes until after we're done." Ignis quietly said as he stood back up.

"Yeah." You half whispered as you tried to catch your breath again.

"Come on." Ignis said as he started to head out of the kitchen. "Let's head back out to the ranges."

"Right." You absently responded before you turned and followed him.

"Well it's about damn time." Gladio said as you both walked out of the house and around to the side where everyone else was waiting. "I was hoping that we could finished up today before it gets late."

"Lay off Gladio." Noctis said as he turned and started up the hill. "Not everyone is as much into this as you."

"Well you better be if your think that your going to be king someday. Your highness." Gladio said back to Noctis as he turned and lead the way up the hill and towards the next set of targets.

Noctis glared at Gladio. Says the guy who is still in training himself.

"Being strong isn't the only thing he has to be Gladio." Ignis interjected. "He needs to be able to think as well."

"Like you?" Gladio asked in a irritated tone. "You can't even seem to concentrate on your own training today."

Ignis gave him a stern look.

"Now that's not fair Gladio." You interjected.

"Ooooohhhh." He said as he half laughed through the sound as he turned around to look at you while walking backwards. "Don't get me started with you."

"You know what..." You started as you felt your temper starting to sky rocket.

"Enough Gladio!" Cor sternly said. "Save it for the range."

Gladiolus grunted then turned back around. Everyone glared at him as the group walked back over to the ranges.

"What the fuck is his problem?" You asked Ignis under your breath.

"It's hard to tell sometimes with him." Ignis said.

"But I suppose it might have something to do with the fact that he set up this whole training session.  And that he has been trying to impress Cor and perhaps Monica." Ignis said as he nodded towards Gladio who kept looking over at Monica as she was walking with Gina towards the range.

"Are you sure he's not just being an asshole, just to be an asshole?"  You asked.

Ignis smiled back as he tried to stifle a laugh. "I suppose that could be the case as well. But at the moment, I doubt it."