Chapter 22 - Weapons Training Begins

The morning sun shined into your bedroom through the slit between the curtains of your sliding glass door. A thin line of light shined right across your eyes as if someone was shining a flashlight in your eyes. You groaned and rolled over as you tried to fall back to sleep. But then your cat jumped up on the bed and walked right up to you and head butted your chin.

Meeerrroooooow. Snowball called as she head butted your chin again.

You slowly opened your eyes and smiled at your cat. She purred at you then head butted your chin once more. You smiled and started petting her. She purred and curled up in front of your face on the bed.

"I take it you want your breakfast?" You said to your cat as you ran your hand over her soft fur.

She purred loudly at you as you continued to give her affection.

"Okay. I suppose I should get up anyway and get ready." You smiled back at your cat.

Then you rolled back over and looked at your clock. 7:00 am. You groaned again as you put your arm over your eyes. They wanted training to start around 8:00 am. This left you with less than an hour to get ready, considering you still had to ride over there. Why couldn't they start after lunch? You laid there for a few moments before you heard knocking at your door.

"I'm up!" You shouted towards the door as you jolted awake.

"Good thing, because they're here to pick you up." Your dad said as he answered back.

Your eyes shot wide open and you turned back to your clock again. 7:15 was displayed across your alarm clock face.

What the hell? Did I fall back to sleep? SHIT! SHIT! SHIT! You thought as you flew out of bed.

You grabbed the first t-shirt and shorts in your drawer and got dressed. Then you grabbed another set, along with your swimsuit and towel, and put them in your gym bag. You knew everything else was in there since you used it everyday for training. You then dashed out and headed for the bathroom to take care of everything else.

But right as you were brushing your teeth, you felt a dull pain coming from your abdomen. You paused for a minute as you rubbed your hand on your lower abdomen as the pain started to intensify. As you rubbed you started to feel a dampness in between your legs. You glanced down and saw a drop of blood starting to run down your leg.

Are you kidding me? Today? Today of all days you want to start? You screamed in your head as you closed your eyes tightly from the pain.

As reluctant as you were, that you were going to have to deal with mother nature as well as the training. You finished brushing your teeth, then cleaned yourself up by changing clothes and taking care of the other. This was not what you wanted now, you thought as the dull pain was persistent. You weren't going to have as much fun with training today as you thought. Then you heard your mom coming up the stairs.

"(y/n)? Are you ready? You don't want to be late." She asked as she came down the hallway.

"Mom." You asked her as you quickly opened the door. "Do you have any pain killers?"

She gave you a questioning look, but then saw you grab your lower abdomen as the pain got slightly worse.

"Oh. OH!" She said then quickly went to her bathroom. "I have just what you need. But it will take a bit for it to kick in. Are you going to be okay with training today?"

"It's not like I haven't dealt with it before." You winced as you followed her. "Besides, I'll have to learn how to do this no matter what."

"Alright." She returned then gave you some medication to help ease your cramps.