Chapter 10 - Forgiveness

You stood leaning up against the wall by Ignis as you both waited for the car to arrive. You had already called your parents and told them what was going on. They didn't seem too upset, and were actually a little relieved that you had found a safe way home. Missing the bus part though, they still weren't to happy with. 

Although your mom was glad that Ignis had volunteered to help you get caught up in your classwork. And they didn't mind him coming over that night to get started on it.  Just as long as dinner was ready when they got home. Ignis had offered to help cook, but you told him that guests don't cook in your house.

At the moment though you weren't thinking about that.  You were way to distracted with seeing Noctis again as you were starting to get nervous about his reaction to seeing you.  You still hadn't officially made up with him yet. In fact the last time you actually talked to him, was when you were walking down the hallway on your way to the dining hall at the Citadel. 

But after puking and passing out in his bathroom, you weren't even sure what to say. It had been embarrassing and frustrating all at the same time since it had been brought on by severe stress, because of him.  And not to mention everything else that had happened that night.  And with just being released from the hospital, it ended up being a night from hell that you wished had never happened.

"Yes sir.......We'll see you in a minute." Ignis said as he hung up his phone and put it back in his pocket.

"Well, that was our driver, Tredd. He should arrive in a few minutes. From here we will be heading over to pick up Noctis. Then we will drop him off at the Citadel before heading to your house. I hope that you don't mind?" Ignis asked as he looked over at you.

You just stood there as if in a trance. You didn't look up or even move, other then to blink occasionally. Ignis could tell that you were worried. He went to reach over and grab your hand.  But stopped short and watched you instead.

"Hey, (y/n)?" He said as watched you intently. "Are you alright?"

"What am I supposed to say to him?" You quietly asked without so much as a glance at him.

Ignis was taken back by your question.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"I mean, I did the same thing to him, that he did to me.  But worse." You said quietly as you just stared at the ground.

"How are you supposed to apologize for what I did? I ruined dinner and made a fool of myself and my family in front of him, and the King. Then afterwards, I never even tried to explain to him what happened. I just ignored him like he did me." You then closed your eyes and dropped your head. "I wouldn't be surprised if he never wants to see or talk to me again."

"Don't you think that you are being a bit hard on yourself?" Ignis said which made you look at him surprise.

"I think that Noctis might surprise you. He's not cold like that. In fact, he wears his heart on his sleeve, just like a certain person that we both know." Ignis said as he slowly looked at you with a slight smile.

"Just do us all a favor though will you?'' Ignis asked as he looked away as he adjusted his glasses. "Don't yell at him this time? He tends to clam up when he's yelled at."

"I won't." You dropped your head as you tried to hide the heat in your cheeks. "I think that we have had enough of that."

"I couldn't agree more." Ignis said as he pushed away from the wall as a jet black car with silver trim came pulling up to the curb.

"Ah. Just in time. Here's our ride." He said as he walked over and opened the back door for you. "You first, my dear."

"Thank you." You replied as you got in.