Chapter 32 - Bedtime Stories

Noctis sat there for a few minutes in silence as he thought about what you and Ignis had just told him. Never in a million years could he imagine that all of that would have gone down. Although, he had heard about the mission to Niflheim from his dad. And you had told him about your brother. But for there to be a connection between the two. And for this to lead to your parents disappearing while the four of you were away for the training lesson at the farm house.

It did make all the events start to make sense to him though. He had been wondering why Cor had a crystal with him. He didn't need to ask him anymore. He could almost guarantee that his dad had made him take one with him just in case.

Noctis dropped his eyes as he looked at the bed.

"Have they heard anything else about your parents?" He asked in a quiet voice.

You dropped your head and took a deep breath.

"No. We haven't heard anything since we got here." You quietly said. "But then again, I have been a bit busy tonight. You know, with trying not to get killed and all"

"Yeah I suppose you were." Noctis said as he slightly smiled at you as he reached up with his lose hand and placed it on your cheek. "I'm just glad that your safe."

"Yeah. Me too." You said as you slightly smiled back at him. "And for all of us. I am surprised that you slept through me finding Snowball though."

"Who?" Noctis asked as he tilted his head.

Just then a ball of white fur came walking up to everyone on the bed.

Merrooow

Noctis jumped at first. Then a smile broke on his face as he slightly laughed.

"Now that's a face that I haven't seen in a long time." He said as he removed his hand from your face and reached out to Snowball.

She pushed up against his hand and almost instantly started purring. He smiled and started to slowly petting her. You gave them both a smile. She certainly liked him. Which was unusual for her to take to someone like that.

"But how.....?" He asked as he gave you a confused look. "How did she......?"

"We have no idea." You said as you gave her a sad smile. "I just happen to see something white in the garden and went to investigate. And after seeing a white tail, I called out to her. And there she was, just strolling out of the bushes as calm as can be."

"Just like that?" He asked as he watched your expression as you stared quietly at your cat.

"Yeah." You said then took a shaky deep breath. "I freaked out though after I grabbed a hold of her. She had blood covering her on one side."

"Blood?" Noctis asked as he stared at you. "Is she hurt?"

You simply shook your head as you kept your head down. "Your dad called for a vet to come check on her. Turns out it wasn't her blood. But the question still stands though, of whose blood was it?"

Ignis placed his hand on your back as he tried to comfort you from behind.

"We should know by morning who the blood belonged to." Ignis quietly said as he slowly glanced back up at Noctis.

Noctis slow looked back down as an unsettling quiet fell over the room for a few moments.

"So did my dad say how long you'll be staying with us?" Noctis asked as a means of breaking the awkward silence in the room.

"No." You said as you shook your head. "But I suppose that will all depend on what happens with my parents."

Noctis nodded.