Chapter 38 - Visions

Once lunch was finished, you helped to gather up all of the dishes and walked them to the kitchen so that you could clean them. Since there weren't that many dishes, you decided to clean all of them for the kitchen staff. Jim was a little surprised, but also grateful for the assistance. You quickly cleaned the dishes and your area before returning to the dining room to wiped down the table while the dishwasher was running.

After you were finished you, entered the garden to join the others as they relaxed. You walked in to see them all smiling as they talked among themselves. It was hard to believe that you were among the royal family by the way that they were acting towards each other. But even though there were no formal greetings, there was still an air of respect.

With a short greeting, the group headed towards the elevator that would take everyone up to the throne room. As you rode up, you glanced around at everyone as they made small talk while the elevator hummed as it headed to the top floors. You were a bit surprised that even Korn decided to join the tour this time as well. He said that he had forwarded his phone to his cell so that he wouldn't miss any calls. (Guess not everyone can take a day off, considering recent events.)

On the way up, King Regis inquired as to where we had already been and seemed a bit relieved that he had missed most of the boring places. But he was very glad that everyone had had a chance to see when the Kingsglaives trained. He mentioned that once everyone of us was of age, we would have full access to the area as well. But for now, he just wanted us to concentrate on our current duties and assignments.

"You'll have plenty of time to spend in there when the time is right." King Regis finished as the elevator door opened on the throne room floor.

"I can also say that the same goes for this area as well." King Regis said as he looked at Noctis.

Noctis looked away, as if he really didn't want to spend anymore time there than necessary. You watched him as he looked around with a frown. You placed your hand on his arm and gave him a comforting smile as he looked up at you. He slightly smiled then dropped his eyes.

"Right this way." King Regis said as he stepped into the hallway.

You dropped your hand and took a step forward to follow the others when you felt a hand grab yours. You stopped and smiled as you saw that it was Noctis. You interlaced your fingers with his and slightly squeezed as you tried to comfort him. He slightly smiled back at you.

Noctis squeezed back in response and slowly started to follow you. Seeing your smile gave him the courage to walk off of the elevator. For he had always hated this floor because it always made his dad sad. He hated seeing his dad upset for any reason. And this floor always seemed to make him so serious and almost depressed at times. But as he looked up and saw your smile, he was given the courage to step off of the elevator for once. And with the warmth of your hand he was given the desire to walk in with you.

  And with the warmth of your hand he was given the desire to walk in with you