the last chapter

Ms. Boms was in jail, Mr. Boms filed for a divorce, Gavin was out as gay, legal things were being handled, death rates for covid were dripping, things seemed to be settling down finally.

Izuku was finally beginning to have some restful nights. He was seeing a therapist multiple times a week.

School was in person once again, and it was time for him to go back. He was nervous, but confident and excited as well. He was going to see his friends again, he would see Todoroki again.

Nervous butterflies swirled in Deku's waffle filled stomach as Aizawa drove the small family to school.

For once he was feeling good. He felt like everything was going to be okay.

He walked up to the school with his two dad's. So many things had changed since he was last here.

He was wearing an all might mask. They walked into the school, a few of his classmate's were already there and talking with eachother outside the locked classroom.

Aizawa unlocked it tiredly and Mic went to his classroom. Iida greeted him kindly, "good morning Midoriya. It is good to see you in person. Are you doing okay?" He had forgotten that the last time some of his classmate's had actually seen him was that dreaded google meet. The one were everything went wrong.

"I'm doing okay now, thank you Iida." Midoriya said, a smile on his face. You could only see it in his eyes. Ochaco walked up to them, "hey guys!!" She was wearing a pink strawberry medical mask, "it's so great to see you guys again!!"

Deku smiled at her, his eyes creasing. She smiled back, "how are you doing Deku? Has everything been okay." She asked. Deku nodded. "Everything's been okay lately. I'll fill you in a little later."

Out of the side of his eye he cought the familiar hairstyle of a certain someone. He whizzed around and ran up to Todoroki, jumping happily in his arms.

Todoroki hugged him close, "I missed you." Shoto said quietly.

"I missed you too." Deku whispered back. They eventually sat in their seats and class started.

Aizawa stood at the front, "nice to sort of see your faces again." His mask was a cloth gray mask with a black medical mask underneath. He wanted to keep all of his students safe.

The class laughed and chattered at his remark before going hushed again as Aizawa continued to speak.

"I'm going to assign a days worth of classwork that you will have three class periods to get done, just so you can get used to the setting again." Aizawa said, "if you have any questions let me know, I'll post the assignment in Google classroom."

There were a few questions, but things felt mostly normal. Things felt pretty alright.

Later that day after school Todoroki and Deku decided it was a good idea to grab pretzels from the mall and walk around a bit, it wasn't busy because it was the beginning of the week, it was rather quiet.

It was nice.

They stopped by the cafe after they finished at the mall, deciding to go to a cafe, the same one they had visited over quarentine.

They walked in and saw none other than Gavin. Izuku's heart sank slightly, Todoroki turned to him as they stepped in the line, "do you want to leave?" He asked quietly. Izuku took a deep breath and shook his head, "no. Let's order."

Gavin was at the cashier.

"Hi can I get a cold caramel cream frappichino please." Todoroki asked.

"I'll get a strawberry frappichino and a cake pop please." Deku asked. Gavin nodded, his vibes was different, "anything else for you two today?" He asked. The two shook their heads.

Izuku noticed a small pride pin on his apron and a little flower drawn next to his name. He smiled at Gavin, and Gavin smiled back.

They both sat down at a booth and waited for their drinks.

"Wait he's gay!? Last time I checked he was super homophobic." Todoroki said suspiciously. Deku nodded, beginning to pull up the conversation from quite a few weeks ago.

"Yeah. The classic closeted gay with a homophobe parent case. But now that that parent is in jailllll, he's with his dad, who is a great person mind you, and he seems a lot happier." Deku said, handing him his phone with the pulled up conversation.

Todoroki nodded while taking the phone, "he does seem a lot happier."

While Todoroki was reading the conversation,their names for called for the drinks.

"I'll get it," Izuku said as he stood up to get the drinks. Todoroki nodded and continued to read the convo.

Izuku walked up to the counter and Gavin was there to hand him the drinks, "hey. I just wanted to say again. I'm so sorry, for everything. I hope you are doing better." He said while handing him the drinks.

"Thanks. I'm doing a lot better now. A lot better than I was even when we had that conversation. Everything has improved a lot." Izuku said.

"I'm glad." Gavin said, starting to turn around.

"Wait-" Izuku said, Gavin paused and turned back around. "just in case this wasn't clear before, I accept your apology."  Deku said. Gavin smiled genuinely behind his mask, "thanks dude. I'll see you around." Deku nodded and went back to his seat.

Todoroki handed him his phone as Izuku sat down the drinks. "That's wild" he said. Deku laughed a bit and pulled down his mask.

"It feels so wierd to take it off in public."  Todoroki laughed. Izuku leaned in and gave him a small peck on the cheek.

(Insert camera zooming out on them through the cafe window)

Things were finally right. Things were finally okay. Izuku went on to defeat all for one probably and become the new number one hero with Bakugo and Todoroki following close behind. Tbh they probably opened up a hero agency together and saved bajillions of lives.

The end.

((NO BECAUSE IM ACTUALLY GONNA CRY ITS OVER UHM. WOW. IVE BEEN WRITING THIS FOR OVER A YEAR AND NOW ITS TIME TO MOVE ON!!! I HAVE A NEW FANFIC THAT I WILL BE PUBLISHING THE FIRST CHAPTER OF VERY VERY SOON

HOPEFILLY TOMMOROW, IT IS A VILLAIN DEKU AU AND ITS GONNA BE SAD 😌👍

IM HOPING TO GET A CHAPTER OUT  (1000-3000 word average) WEEKLY SO PLEASE READ IT IF YOU LIKED THIS FIC, ALSO, SHAMELESS PLUG,

IF YOU LIKE SK8 THE INFINITY I ALSO HAVE A FIC OUT FOR THAT !!! WE ARE ALMOST AT 1K READS SO GO BOOST IT AND STUFF

WOOOOOOOOO

I love y'all so much thank you to all of you who have stuck with me through this book for over a year wow ❤️❤️❤️))