Like a fairytale

Tessa

George’s soft lips press against mine. And I don’t pull away. Instead, I kiss him back. Our lips mould together, moving in synch. He tastes of green skittles and coffee. Fireworks erupt inside me. I don’t ever want this kiss to end.

But it does.

Someone coughs behind us. George and I spring apart and turn to face Ella.

“Ooh,” She teases, “Finally you’re getting together!”

“Oh shut up Ella,” I say, throwing a pillow at her. She ducks.

“I can tell when I’m not wanted.” Ella sighs, “I’ll be back in half an hour. I don’t want you two doing…adult…things in my room.” And then she leaves. George blushes, but I don’t really mind her comment. I live with someone as dirty minded as Liv; Ella is a blessing.

“So um…” George looks at the floor, “I’m sorry…”

“For what?” I ask.

“For kissing you…” George looks sad, “You love Josh.” I need to move on. Remember what Bob said.

“I don’t love Josh,” I say, “I love someone else.”

“And who’s this someone else?” George asks, looking up at me for a second. I must look a right mess like this.

“Someone incredibly handsome, who’s an extremely talented singer, and happens to live in the same hotel corridor as me.” I boast.

“JJ’s going out with Liv.” George tells me sadly.

“I was talking about you, idiot.” I laugh

“You were?” George’s face lights up.

“Of course I was.” I grin.

“So Tessa,” George looks up, “Will you…I mean, you don’t have to, but if you want to…I mean, I want you to but-”

“Spit it out George!” I laugh.

“Doyouwanttobemygirlfriend?” George literally spits it out.

“What?” I gasp.

“Do you want to be my girlfriend?” He asks, slower.

“Of course I would!” I grin, and this time, I kiss him. George smiles into the kiss.

“Tessa!” Ella groans as she walks in.

“What?” I ask, pulling away from George, “It’s not like you don’t do this with Dan!” Ella blushes and hides her head in her hands, “But on the bright side,” I continue, “SHELLET IS REAL!”

“She’s mental.” Ella sighs.

George grins, “But I love her.”

George

“OMG!” Ella squeals, “You two are like a proper couple?”

“I love you too, Monkey.” Tessa says.

“You are!” Ella laughs. Tessa smiles at me. I wrap my arm around her and she leans in to me. “Aw, you guys are so cute!”

“So what about you and Dan?” Tessa asks.

“What do you mean?” Ella looks confused. 

“Well, aren’t you a big couple now?”

“…No…” Ella says quietly.

Tessa looks at her for a little while.

“But it doesn’t matter,” Ella continues quickly, “We’re just good friends.” Tessa doesn’t look like she believes Ella, but she smiles and changes the subject.