Meeting my idol

Tessa

“Enough is enough!” I yell as Liv moves from the kitchen table like a zombie back to her seat in the living room. “We are going out to see the others, right now, so that you don’t keep acting like this!”

“And what are you saying is wrong with me?” Liv yells back, standing up straight and glaring at me.

“You’re just so-” I’m cut off by an angry Liv. 

“Just so what? Huh?” She screams. “I thought you were supposed to be my friend Tessa!”

“I am!” I protest weakly.

“No you’re not.” Liv glares at me, turning on her heel, “Real friends don’t do that.”

“Don’t do what?” I ask quietly, but she’s already gone, walking towards my room. I sit down on the floor, suddenly feeling the urge to cry. I don’t want to cry, not here, not in front of everyone, not anywhere. But I can feel the tears forming at the back of my eyes and slowly making their way forwards. I rub my hands over my eyes, but it only makes my tears worse, making them fall out and tumble down my cheeks in a river of waterfalls down my cheeks.

“Tessa,” George whispers, sitting down beside me and wrapping his arms around me, in an effort to comfort me, “It’s ok.”

“What did I do?” I whisper back, leaning into him, “I was only trying to help.”

“Tell her,” Ella offers, sitting down on the other side of me, “Tell her that you were just trying to help.”

“Ok.” I nod, standing up, “If it gets her to listen.” I walk towards my bedroom and find her in the bathroom, applying heavy layers of make-up.

“Hey, Liv,” I say quietly, “I’m sorry. I was just trying to help.”

“Well I don’t need your help.” Liv snaps in reply.

I stop, not sure what to say next, “Please Liv, please. I’m your best friend, please don’t say that we’re not.”

“So you’re saying that we’re not?” Liv asks, twisting my words around.

“No!” I protest, “I’m just...please, stop, you’re twisting my words!”

“So you’re accusing me now?” Liv asks her voice full of venom. “Wow Tessa,” She laughs drily, “Why am I even friends with you?”

It’s a stroke to my heart, and I find myself stepping backwards, leaving, tears flowing fully, not saying a word. I take another step backwards until I’m backed up against the wall, tears dripping from my face, forming a puddle beneath my feet.

“Please, Liv,” I whisper, “Please, I’m sorry!”

“Really?” Liv asks. And then she leaves, dropping her make-up bag onto the floor and stalking away. Liv and I never fight, so why are we fighting now?

I glance up at myself in the mirror and sigh when I see the mascara streaking down my cheeks. I have rehearsals at five in the afternoon, and I’m glad, because I really don’t want to go now. I really don’t want to go and face rehearsing for next week when my best friend hates me.

I quickly wipe the make-up off of my face and apply new make-up, drying my eyes just before. I pick up my phone and smile as I flick through numbers. I need to have fun and relax, and I know exactly where I can do that.

To: Swag Masta From Doncaster

Hey, it’s Tessa J So you know we were discussing meeting up? I’m free now if you want to do something?