Call me maybe?

I run off, screaming my head off. Omigod! I'm through!!!!!!!!! I run back on again quickly and yell, "THANK YOU!" and then run off again screaming. I can hear the judges laughing. I think I'm going to die of excitment.

George 

"I GOT THROUGH!" Tessa screams to her family. They crowd around her hugging her. All except this man and a woman. The pregnant woman frowns at them but then turns back to Tessa and laughs as well. 

"Tessa winned!" The little boy in her arms squeals. Tessa grins at the boy and laughs. She takes hold of the boy and hugs him. 

"I couldnt have done it without you there Ryan," She says, tickling the boys stomach, "You were the best person to help me out Ryan." The pregnant woman smiles at Tessa. "I couldn't have done it without al of you," Tessa adds, "All of my family." They all hug her again, except for the man and woman. 

"You're my little star baby girl," A woman who looks just like Tessa smiles. That might be her Mum. Tessa's brother looks at the man and woman and moves forward. The pregnant woman puts a hand on his shoulder and then steps forward herself. 

"Why can't you be happy for your daughter?" The pregnant woman asks, gritting her teeth, "This is her one special day and all you can focus on is your idiot girlfriend! Tessa is your daughter! And she may not be my real sister, and my Dad might not be her real Dad, but he sure treats her better than you do! And-" She's about to say something more, but Tessa puts an arm on her shoulder, just like the woman did to Tessa's brother. 

"Diana," Tessa sighs, "Don't worry about it. He's always been a pathetic excuse of a Dad." Tessa glares at her Dad who looks away embarrassed, before walking away with who I think is his girlfriend. Tessa and her brother roll their eyes at each other and then Tessa hands Ryan back to Diana. She turns around and smiles at me. She might have just seen me, or maybe she knew I was there all the time. 

"Well done!" I say to her as she nears me, "You were amazing!" 

"Thanks," Tessa grins, hugging me tightly, "You'll do great too." 

"Tessa!" Diana calls, "We're going!" Tessa lets go of me and turns back to her sister. 

"Sorry I can't be here for your audition," She tells me, "And sorry for you having to witness one of the many family rows that goes on in my life." She rolls her eyes again, "But good luck!" And then she disappears. Well, not literally disappears, but she rejoins her family. She turns around again, and throws something at me. 

"CATCH!" She yells. I reach out my arms and catch the yellow thing flying towards me. It's her bag of jelly babies. 

"She must really like you!" Diana grins at me, "She never shares her jelly babies!"

I grin and put one in my mouth. Tessa winks at me and then actually disappears round the corner. 

It's when I'm about to get off stage after my successful audition that I notice the swirly writing on the inside of the packet. 

I just met you,

And this is crazy

But here's my number

So call me maybe 

And then her number. 

I'll definatley be calling her. 

Tessa

"So tell me about this boy that Diana was talking about." Liv, my best friend, grins at me. It's been a day since my audition. I haven't had a call from George. But you know, he's a boy, and he might not have thought about calling me yet. Maybe boys don't really think about calling girls for hours after like girls like Liv and I do. I don't know. I'm over complicating this. 

"His name's George..." I tell her in reply, "He's really nice." 

"How did you two meet?" 

"Well he um...sort of fell on top of me in the practise room..." 

Liv bursts out laughing. 

"What is so funny?" I demand. 

"Oh Tessa," Liv sighs, "The way you meet boys..." After she's calmed down she smiles again, "Did you get his number?" 

"No," I shake my head, "But I gave him mine, with the rest of my jelly babies." Liv gasps and bolts downstairs. I hear her shreiking to Diana and then I hear Diana's laughter. What's wrong with me giving my jelly babies away? 

"You never share your jellybabies, that's whats wrong with it." Liv says, when she's returned and I asked her about it. I stare at her. "Which means that he must be special. And I want to meet him." I nod. 

My phone rings, and I look down at caller ID. Unknown. Great, another one of those callers from all over the world, trying to sell something to me. I answer the call, pressing it to my ear. 

"Hello, Tessa speaking..." I pause for a minute, "And before you try to sell me something, I'd just like to know how on earth you got my mobile number, because I don't remember signing up to some contract letting you have my number for sale purposes." 

"Tessa, you gave me your number." Comes the reply. 

"What?!? How could I have done that when you live on the other side of the world, huh?" I ask. 

"Tessa, it's me, George." 

Whoopsie