Finding out the truth

Tessa

“I asked first,” George tells me.

“I asked second,” I reply, poking my tongue out at him.

“I-” He breaks off, staring at his hands, “I can’t tell you.” He’s my boyfriend and my best friend, aren’t we supposed to tell each other everything?

Unless...

Unless Maryanne is his ex-girlfriend he hasn’t told me about and now she’s here to kill me or get rid of me to get him back.

No, Maryanne is too nice for that.

Don’t judge a book by its cover.

I start to hyperventilate, panic washing over me. I expect George to be there beside me, to calm me down, but he’s halfway out of the front door.

“I’m going to rehearsals!” He calls to me, and then leaves. I sigh, staring at the space where he was sat just a few seconds ago. What has happened? And more importantly, who is Maryanne?

Thoughts whirling around my mind, I finally decide that the only person who can help me now is Liv. Even if she isn’t talking to me at the moment, she has to and she has to help me with this. We can go back to doing what we normally do, spying on people to find answers.

Rushing into my room, I find the drawers that once contained Liv’s clothes half empty, with only my clothes remaining. Her bright suitcases are gone and her Blackberry isn’t on the bedside table, and her phone charger isn’t plugged in anymore.

“LIV!” I scream, running out into the living room and searching around. Where has she gone? Why is everything getting confusing now? “LIV! I’m so sorry! Please come out of your hiding place!”

“Liv?” Someone asks, a girly voice that I don’t recognise. “Are you looking for Liv?”

“Yeah,” I nod, “Do you know her? Have you seen her?”

“Has she got blonde hair?” The girl asks. I turn to face her, nodding. The girl is slightly shorter than me with light caramel coloured hair and bright blue eyes. It’s almost like I’ve seen them before, but I can’t quite remember. “And she’s about this tall?” She waves her hand above her head as I nod again. “Once dating JJ Hamblett?”

I nod again, “Have you seen her?”

“She was dragging a bright pink suitcase down the road when I arrived,” The girl tells me, “She looked like she was in a hurry.”

“Which way?” I ask, glancing at the door and then back at the girl in front of me.

The girl considers it for a moment and then smiles, “Out the back door and left.”

I nod, “Thanks!”

“No problem!” The girl replies, a smile on her face as I rush out. I glance back at her or a second.

“Who are you?” I call back.

“The name’s Tash.” Tash grins and then walks off. I try to remember if I’ve seen or heard of her before but I don’t think I have. If I have then she obviously wasn’t a very significant part of my life, no offense to her.

I rush out of the door to our closed off hotel corridor and then down and out the back door. Liv certainly made a good choice coming to the back. Cameras are never here. I walk down the side of the hotel, slowly breaking into a jog as I go, and when I reach the road, I run.

“LIV!” I yell, spotting her in front of me. She turns around and glares at me before sprinting off. Liv has always been faster than me at running. I sigh, not bothering to follow her anymore. She’s only going to beat me to wherever she’s going anyway.