FanMail

Tessa

“Wings are made to fly!” I finish, pointing upwards and keeping a straight face. Brian grins at me.

“That was amazing!” He tells me. We discuss other possible dance moves, when I get a text.

From: Joshy

Judges houses in 10-get back here! xx

To: Joshy

On my way xx

I apologise to Brian and run back to the hotel, just in time. There’s no space on the sofa, so I sit on Josh instead. He doesn’t seem to mind, and wraps his arms around me. I smile and cuddle into him.

First of all, we’re watching who gets through with the girls. Ella’s first, with her sort of speech, and then some other girls, and then me.

“I’ve been singing since I was a little girl,” TV me says, “My Mum said that before I spoke I could hum and she knew I’d be a musical child. I’ve never really had a chance like this and I’ve met some really great people. I don’t want to say goodbye to.”

Josh

Tessa’ words echo in my ear. Am I one of those people she was talking about? I hope so.

George

“The judges are coming!” Melanie shakes me awake. I get into the corridor just in time to see Tessa walking along like a zombie.

“Hello Tessa, George.” The judges greet us. Tessa tries to stay standing up, but falls onto the floor instead.

“I love you floor.” She mumbles. She turns over to face the judges and we’re ready.

“So guys,” Gary starts, “To get the best experience of your time here, we have some rules.

1.    No alcohol of any sort to be brought at room service.

2.    No parties in the hotel building.

3.    You cannot take someone’s rehearsal time from them, even if they do not show up, and

4.    You must be up before 9 in the morning.”

Tessa shoots up at this.

“You mean…” She stammers.

“I’ll wake you up Tessa,” Melanie smiles. Tessa sighs in relief. I grin.

“Thanks Melanie,” She says, lying back down, “You’re really like my Mum you know, but nicer.” The judges struggle to keep a straight face.

“Are the rules clear?” Louis asks, being the first person to stop laughing inside. We all nod. “Good.” He says.

“Tessa you’re rehearsal is at 10:15.” Tulisa tells Tessa. Tessa smiles and nods. She looks at the clock and then shoots up, sprinting out with a horrified look on her face.

Everyone lets out their laughter.

You’ve got to love Tessa.

Tessa

“Sing the chorus for me?” Karen asks. I nod and open my mouth.

“Mama told me not to waste my life, she said spread your wings my little butterfly, don’t let what they say keep you up at night, and they can’t detain you, cos wings are made to fly.” I sing. Tulisa grins at me.

“I’m going to leave you guys to it.” She tells us before leaving. Karen motions for me to sit down, so I do. And I’m glad because I’m still so tired. NINE O’CLOCK we have to be up in the morning. That’s way too early.