176 🩺 Make Up

Wooyoung woke from an unplanned nap on Hongjoong's bed, curled up on the end of his mattress clutching one of his Hyung's jumpers in his hands. Blinking awake, Wooyoung yawned, tenderly touching his temples where he'd had a magnificent headache for almost two weeks.

Sitting up, Wooyoung glanced out his door to his Hyung's door-

-and almost fell off the end of the bed when he saw it half ajar.

Getting up, Wooyoung tried hard not to get too hopeful as he padded over. 'Sangie?' he asked softly, poking his head around the corner.

And his eyes widened.

There was Yeosang, sitting in the window seat in the afternoon sun, gazing outside at the world. He turned around as he heard his name, and Wooyoung's heart broke when he saw his face. Pale, with blotchy cheeks and eyes sparkling adorned with matted eyelashes, he looked a mess.

He turned back around and gazed out the window, pulling his knees up to his chest as he did. 

Wooyoung froze. He didn't know whether to go inside, or to stay here and give him space.

But he was way too selfish to stay away any longer. He'd probably never spent this much time in his entire life away from Yeosang, and it hurt.

Gently padding inside, he walked up to the other side of the bay window, standing and waiting for a moment to see if he would be told to get out.

When moments passed and no eviction was noticed, Wooyoung sat opposite him, trying to cross his legs in front of him.

Glancing out the window, he wondered what Yeosang was seeing - whether it was the pretty sunset and the housing estate, or some place much further away, a place Wooyoung wouldn't be able to see.

Wooyoung opened his mouth to speak, but bit back his words as he decided against it. Instead he leant forward and tenderly touched Yeosang's hand that wrapped around his knees, hugging himself. He ever so gently let his fingertips rest against his skin, soaking up the warmth. He let his senses be engulfed by things like his mere scent that Wooyoung had taken for granted, not realising how much it had become a part of why he called this place his home. He held his breath as he watched Yeosang glance down at their hands touching.

Seconds passed without him pulling his hand back, and as more ticked by, Wooyoung started counting them and keeping each stored deep within his heart. Glancing from where his fingertips touched his skin, Wooyoung lifted his gaze to see the expression painted across Yeosang's pale, blotchy face. His eyes were focussed down, dark lashes matted together brushing over his pale cheeks. He blinked a few times, gazing at them.

Becoming unwarrantedly brave, Wooyoung pressed more of his fingers against him... slowly... until his palm was pressed against the back of his hand. He heaved a nervous breath, never in his life having had to walk on eggshells like this around his brother. Not even when they'd been salty with each other had he felt this... Suddenly, he didn't know how far he could go...

But suddenly, his heart melted as Yeosang let go of his knees, letting them cross instead, and ever so subtly hooked his index finger around Wooyoung's.

Heaving a massive breath of relief, Wooyoung felt a small smile creep onto his lips. Such a small gesture had never meant so much to him.