(5) - Spaghetti and Suits

THiRD PERSON ViEW

"I got eyes on her, she's having a great time apparently," Natasha says into the microphone in her ear.

"Don't move in yet." Natasha sighs and nods.

"I know." Inside the apartment on the corner is a Matthew Murdock, Foggy Nelson, and Nadia Oakley.

All of them laugh at something Natasha and Clint weren't aware of. Nadia excuses herself to the bathroom, Black Widow and Hawkeye's eyes meet. "Now." Black Widow's smirk is full of venom as she advances toward the bathroom's window. Nadia whips around.

"Oh shi–"

NADiA'S POiNT OF ViEW - EARLiER

I'm sitting upside down on the couch as I watch A Good Place. I hear the doorknob rattle and I jump up and run behind the kitchen counter.

I grab a knife off of the top of the counter and wait for the door to open. I look up at the stairwell, ready to throw the knife...it should be just like an arrow...going from a bow...easy peasy...right?

The door squeaks as it's pushed open and laughter fills the hall. I peek up and Murdock is there with someone new.

"It's fine, Nadia, this is Foggy, Nadia is a distant family member of mine." Murdock has humor in his voice as he points to the guy behind him.

"You can put the knife down," How did he know I had a knife? "I can smell the metal, you shouldn't question how I know things, Nadia." I nod, of course, he can.

I slowly stand up and put the knife back into the butcher's block.

"What were you even going to do with that?" Asks Foggy, I shrug.

"Throw it, maybe...even though it would be hard, I could do it." He nods and hangs his satchel on the coat hanger.

"I got stuff spaghetti because you said you could make it." I nod with a smile,

"You got the organic tomato juice too, right?" Matt holds up the jar.

"This stuff is watery as hell but it's delicious when made right." I take the bags from Matt and Foggy and set them on the counter.

"Since when did you have Netflix?" Foggy points at the opposing wall and Matt shrugs.

"Good question. Nadia?" I set down the noodles.

"I used my own money, I swear. I was bored and you don't have a computer." I explain and he rolls his eyes, "So, you guys just wait, in an hour or less you will be fine dining." I announce as they settle in on the couch.

HALF AN HOUR LATER

"Did anyone see you get it set up?" Matthew whispers as he washes his hands, I shake my head no.

"Literally I just signed into my account and even if they did, I'm pretty easy to forget." He scoffs at me.

"Yea, bright green eyes are easy to forget." I look at him in confusion.

"You told me about your...condition." He reminds me, maybe I'm going crazy I don't know.

"I wouldn't say it was a condition, Murdock, it's almost like the opposite of your...condition," I mumble as Matthew begins setting the table as I finish up on the sauce. The chunks of beef rolling around as I stir it.

"Viola." I set the bowl of noodles on the table before transferring the sauce to a nice serving bowl.

I turn off the stovetop and move the bowl of sauce to the table as well. "Wait like ten minutes for it to cool off since it's really hot." I point at the steam rising from the bowl and it swirls around until it disappears.