(32) - Computers and Complaining

NADiA'S POiNT OF ViEW

I sit up when the truck comes to a stop, "We're a long ways from Kanas..." I mumble with a smile and Nat shakes her head, not looking up from the tracking device. I open the truck door and jump down from it, Steve walks up to the gate and shakes it, "I got it," I lift my hand and twist my fingers into a fist.

The lock falls into dust. "You learn that up there too?" Steve asks with a smile and I nod.

"I've got some tricks up my sleeve Rogers..." He pushes the gates open and Nat bumps my shoulder as she walks past me.

"So sleep puts you in a good mood? I'm gonna make note of that." I shake my head with a smile.

"This place is giving me the heebie-jeebies guys..." My voice is low as I whisper at them.

LATER

"This camp is where I was trained," Steve says and Natasha nods, I run my hand along the wall of the brown building.

"Changed much?" Nat asks and I push an illusion of myself onto the roof, my actual body staying down on the ground.

"A bit." I watch as Steve seems to see something I cannot and I want to see it.

"Just imagine that you're pushing yourself out of your body, feel the connection snap from soul to body. Feel the skull blocking you from entering her mind, break those walls down, imagine them crumbling," Frigga's voice reminds me in my brain as I do just that.

I gasp a little when I see a much smaller Steve running past us with a group of soldiers. "Pick up the pace, ladies! Let's go! Let's go! Come on Rogers, move it!" A man with a helmet yells and small Steve stares at now Steve, "Come on! Fall in! Rogers! I said fall in!" It feels so real, the sun beating down as the smaller Steve runs back with the other guys.

Nat's voice pushes my mind into my own and causes the illusion of me to be thrown back into my body as well. I fall into the wall and they take no notice. "This is a dead-end. Zero heat signature, zero waves, not even radio. Whoever wrote the file must have used a router to throw people off." She's staring at the tracking device angrily as I push off the wall.

"Didn't see that hobbit hole in your vision Cap," He sends a weird look my way. Probably shouldn't have said that... great Nadia, you have just let two more people know you can now read minds! Good job, idiot!

"What is it?" Natasha asks as I follow them toward the building. "It- it's in the wrong place." He mumbles more to himself.

"Army regulations forbid storing ammunition within five hundred yards of the barracks. This building is in the wrong place." With no warning, he slams his shield down on the lock and it falls to the ground. He pushes the door open and Nat turns on the lights. It's an office with the S.H.I.E.L.D logo on the wall.

"This is S.H.I.E.L.D," Nat states.

"Maybe where it started?" I question as Steve walks into a room and I wander inside it, I look at the books on the shelf. They're dusty and smell like cigars.

"Who's the girl?" Nat asks and I look over at the photos. A woman with a smile on her painted lips is staring at the duo, along with the man from Steve's memory, and Howard Stark.

Tony's dad. Steve ignores Natasha's question and stops in front of the bookshelf as I'm pushing a book back in, I hear something click and jump back but nothing happens. "If you're already working in a secret office-" He pushes the bookshelf further and it slides open, revealing an elevator. "Why do you need to hide the elevator?" I'm a bit apprehensive about getting in the elevator as Steve and Nat just hop on in like it's a normal elevator.