(20) - Air and Avengers

NADiA'S POiNT OF ViEW

"Lifeboats secure to deploy. Disengage in three, two...take 'em out." A voice I don't recognize says and I see lifeboats fly out of the helicarrier.

"This is S.H.I.E.L.D?" Pietro asks and I shrug.

"This is what S.H.I.E.L.D's supposed to be." Steve replies as I see his shield fly into a robot, I pull it out and toss it back.

The piece of the city we are on is higher than ever and the city below looks tiny. The air is clearly thinner as the battle continues. "This is not so bad." Pietro replies as I watch him run through some robots.

"Load 'em up, guys." Cap announces and I nod.

"Cap? Think you could throw your shield over there at an angle I could shoot something off of it?" He nods,

"When?" I say now and he throws it, I send a purple ball and it reflects into a bunch of robots, they all fall.

"Well, that's efficient." Natasha declares with a smirk.

"Sir, we have multiple bogies converging on our starboard flank," Maria says and I see War Machine aka Iron Patriot shoot some robots. Wanda and I keep the robots off our backs as the rest of the team loads the people.

"You think your sister could help?" I ask and she shakes her head no.

"She does not like war, she's only here because of Pietro and myself..." I nod in understanding.

"Then get her on a lifeboat." The white light to my left causes me to smile.

"Let's light this Christmas tree up ladies!" Wanda's red mist pushes me in the air as I send purple at the robots below me, distracting them for Alina to attack. I flip in the air and get some of the father bots.

"Number six boat is topped and locked. Or, uh, or stocked, topped. It... it's, uh, full of people." The unfamiliar voice announces.

"Thor, I got a plan!" Tony yells happily,

"We're out of time. They're coming for the core." My small smile drops.

"I can help!" I yell in hopes of someone grabbing me.

"Rhodey, get the rest of the people on board that carrier. Nadia heads up!" I lift my hands in the air and Tony grabs me to the 'rendezvous' point.

"Avengers, time to work for a living."

Everyone but Natasha and Banner and here yet, "Romanoff? You and Banner better not be playing 'hide the zucchini.'"

I chuckle to myself quietly, "Relax, Shell-head. Not all of us can fly." Natasha joins the group.

"What's the drill?" Tony points at a core thing.

"This is the drill. If Ultron gets a hand on that core, we lose."

Ultron is standing there and Thor chuckles, "Is that the best you can do?" Ultron lifts his arm and robots come into view.

"You had to ask." Steve and I ask at the same time, I narrow my eyes at him across the space playfully. His perfect and righteous attitude is beginning to grow on me. Ultron summons his army of robots to join him.

"I could have sworn we just annihilated you tin heads," I mumble but he hears me.

"This is the best I can do. It is exactly what I wanted, all of you, against me. How could you possibly hope to stop me?" Ultron sounds so arrogant and sure of himself.

"Well, like the old man said. Together." This signals the start of the battle. "We should like coordinate or someth–" I yelp as I'm flying in the air, Tony drops me on the roof. "Why–" I see why now, I can attack the robots from afar and I can shoot my bow if I want.

"You know, with the benefit of hindsight–" Hulk hits him and he flies, I laugh from my vantage point. The robots begin retreating.

"They'll try to leave the city." Thor says,

"We can't let 'em, not even one. Rhodey!" Tony yells as I take a risk.

I hold my hands out like Tony does in his suit, "Please work, please work, please wor–" I'm flying! Well, floating down to the ground. I fall when I'm a couple of feet above the ground but land on my feet.

"We gotta move out. Even I can tell the air is getting thin. You guys get to the boats, I'll sweep for stragglers, be right behind you." Steve announces.

"What about the core?" Clint asks over the comms.

"We'll protect it, it's our job." I see the girls standing in front of the church defensively. I walk over to them.

"I'll help."

Wanda nods as Pietro shakes his head, "I'm not going to leave you two here." He looks at his sisters. "You know, I'm twelve minutes older than you."

Wanda chuckles, "We can handle this." Alina sends a shot of white at a robot, it burns a hole through its chest. "Come back for us when everyone else is off, not before." Wanda leaves no room for discussion as Pietro runs off.

"So, wanna have some fun?" I ask and Wanda shoots another robot.

"What's your idea?" I explain it, they both agree. Wanda will lift both Alina and me onto the roof and we can defend from up there. On the way up the two of us shoot and destroy as many robots as we can.

"Thor, I'm gonna need you back in the church," Tony says and I sigh in relief, I'm getting tired. The power is coursing through me but my body aches.

"Is this the last of them?" I'm assuming he means the people.

"Yeah. Everyone else is on the carrier." Cap replies.

"You know, if this works, we maybe don't walk away." I shake my head.

"I refuse to think like that. We can do it." I cannot think negatively right now, I might just give up if I do. I know the chances are slim but I won't risk their lives too. "We are the Avengers after all." I smile.

"We are kid, we are." Steve replies with a smile in his voice.

We got this.