(43) - Death and Destruction

ViENNA - NADiA'S POiNT OF ViEW

I stand beside Natasha thinking over the funeral. Steve was deeply affected and all I did was touch his hand? Then I turned around and left? Rhodey, Tony, and Vision have already signed the accords. How an AI can sign something as a being is still lost to me. "Excuse me, Miss Romanoff, Miss Oakley?" We both look at the woman.

"Yes?" Nat asks.

"These need your signatures." Natasha takes the pen and signs, I grab it and scan the sheet quickly before signing.

"Thank you," I nod as a man walks over to us.

"I suppose neither of us is used to the spotlight," Nat smirks and nods, I point to the side and begin walking away, a hand stops me. "You do not have to leave. I am T'Challa, Prince of Wakanda." I shake his outstretched hand and give him a smile.

"Wakanda? As in..." Natasha nods at me. "I'm Nadia Oakley, aka Nocturnus."

He smiles and turns back to Nat, "You seem to be doing just fine, so far. Considering your last trip to Capitol Hill... I wouldn't think you would be comfortable here, in this company." Natasha shakes her head and I tap her wrist to stop her from clenching her fist so hard.

"Well, I'm not." Her smile seems forced but she remains ever composed.

I wish I had the ability to compose myself and not let a thing through. "Maybe if you didn't hesitate you wouldn't be in this closet, useless urchin!"

I flinch at the memory. "That alone makes me glad you're here." I like his voice, it's heavily accented but soothing.

"Do you not approve of this?" I ask T'Challa and he moves his eyes to mine.

"The Accords, yes. Politics? Not really. Two people in a room can get more done than a hundred."

Another man walks over before I have a chance to speak. "Unless you need to move a piano." He has a similar accent to T'Challa so I'm guessing he's also Wakandan.

"Father," T'Challa states with a smile and I envy him.

"Son. Miss Romanoff," He looks to me.

"Oakley, Nadia," I answer and he nods.

"King T'Chaka. Please, allow me to apologize for what happened in Nigeria." I am so glad I didn't stick my hand out to shake his.

"Thank you for agreeing to all this. Although, I am sad to hear that Captain Rogers won't be joining us." I bite my lip and look down at the floor, my stomach churns and I frown to myself.

I push my finger to the side of my glasses to do a body scan. Tony's upgraded the one's from the battle and they can act like regular lenses now. They look like normal glasses when I want them too and switch to the black ones when needed. Tony even gave me my own AI, I named it Henry. He has an Australian accent and I adore it. "There is nothing physically wrong Miss." Huh, weird.

"Mentally?" I'm walking away from the trio now.

"Everything is stable." I thank Henry and look out the window. The first time I'm in Vienna is the time I might be losing my rights... if only I hadn't shot the suit... where would I be now?

LATER

A man steps up to the podium and takes a deep breath, "Welcome to the United Nations Conference to hopefully ratify the Sokovia Accords." The man at the podium announces. "We have here today royalty, a few Avengers, and someone some would consider a criminal. The Bounty Howler." The crowd gasps as I turn my body around to find the woman.