(19) - Heights and Helicarriers

NADiA'S POiNT OF ViEW

"We are not clear! We are very not clear!" Steve's voice frantically sounds as I take down another robot, I shove a dagger in its neck and pull, the robot falls; clenching its neck. Climbing on top of a car I draw my bow and begin shooting explosive arrows.

The first one explodes and blows the ones around it. "Alright, coming to you," Barton chips and I hear a chuckle from a new voice.

"Keep up old man!" I see Pietro run with Wanda in his arms and Alina on his back as Steve joins us where we are grouped together, fending off the robots.

"Nobody would know. Nobody. 'The last I saw him, when Ultron was sitting on him. Uh... yeah, he'll be missed, that quick little bastard. I miss him already.'" Clint's sarcasm is evident as the trio spreads out, Pietro running off.

Natasha joins us and Cap throws the shield to me, "Nat!" I throw it to her. She catches it and blocks the robots attack.

"Thanks, guys." She smirks as I try to summon the purple glow again, I get angry when my efforts don't do anything.

"Don't try too hard, if you push. It'll push back, just let it flow."

I nearly jump in fright when Wanda's voice is in my head, not the earpiece. I try to relax as Cap, Natasha, and I figure out a system. He throws his shield, fights some robots before it comes back. I throw my sticks and Natasha shoots the ones I miss.

I kick a robot in the chest and push back off the ground to flip and kick another one in the jaw. It hurt but it was worth it as I watch Steve cut its head off with his shield. "Are we almost done? Cause I could use some dots right about now." I hear some light laughs as I get punched in the face.

The mask takes most of the hit as I hear it crack, oh crap.

"The next wave's gonna hit any minute. What have you got, Stark?" Cap asks as I begin climbing up a van, a hand grips my ankle as I wiggle my leg, the robot falls limp and I see Natasha holding her guns in its direction.

"Thanks, Nat." I jump across cars, throwing widow's bites and my sticks.

"Well, nothing great. Maybe a way to blow up the city. That'll keep it from impacting the surface if you guys can get clear." I scoff at Tony, he wants to destroy the city. What's the point in saving people if they have nowhere to live?

"Asked for a solution, not an escape plan," Steve answers as I shoot an explosive arrow at a robot that was creeping up on Wanda. Her eyes meet mine and I know that's how she's saying thank you. Alina is kind of standing there, cowering.

"I'm gonna find somewhere for the youngest Maximoff to hide."

The girl's eyes meet mine, "No, I don't want my siblings getting hurt." So this one can mind read too? "Please don't tell anyone." I just nod and try to find higher ground.

"Impact radius is getting bigger every second. We're going to have to make a choice." I agree with him as I jump onto the shoulders of a robot, another tries to grab me but I jump and throw and arrow, it explodes and it sends me flying.

I land with an 'oof' and gasp as the air is knocked out of my chest. "Cap, these people are going nowhere. If Stark finds a way to blow this rock–" Natasha's voice is cut off as I roll under a car. I am in no condition to fight right now.

"Not 'til everyone's safe." Steve barks.

"Nadia where are you? I don't see you anywhere." Hawkeye asks and I smile under the car.

"Hiding. I made a dumb mistake, I'm okay... for no–" I shield my head with my arms and kick up my feet at the robot who threw the car off of me.

"Everyone up here versus everyone down there? There's no math there." I roll to my side and stand up.

"I am very tired of these damn robots!" The purple glow mist thing is around the robot and I close my fists; when I do so the robot crunches down to a ball of metal.

Finally, something is looking up.

"I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it." Steve answers and I can hear the seriousness. I make my way back to the group, the purple glow crushing the robots in my path.

"I didn't say we should leave." I turn to look at Natasha.

"There are worse ways to go. Where else am I gonna get a view like this?" She can't be serious.

"Speak for yourself Widow." I have an entire life to waste, I close my eyes and let go. I feel the tension in my shoulders relax as I raise my hands slowly.

I open my fists and purple spikes shoot through an entire line of robots, Steve and Natasha look confused. "I don't know either, it just kind of happened. I'm not questioning it." I reply and smile as I send a gust at a robot, it flies back.

I feel kind of badass.

"Glad you like the view, Romanoff. It's about to get better." I see a giant flying platform rise into view.

"Nice, right? I pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do." Nick Fury's voice sounds through the line.

"Fury, you son of a bitch." Steve sounds relieved.

"You kiss your mother with that mouth?" Nick laughs and I hear Maria Hill's voice.

"Altitude is eighteen thousand and climbing." Holy shit, we are high, high.

"I see you figured out those weird powers of yours." I know he's talking to me.

"You knew?" I spit out and send a wave of purple at some robots, they fall down and melt.

"More like... assumed." I roll my eyes and a robot jumps onto the car beside me.

"Hey buddy, how are you?" I shoot purple from my hands and it falls limp.