(11) - Laughing and Leftovers

NADiA'S POiNT OF ViEW - AT THE PiZZERiA

"This is the best food I have had in the past two weeks." I haven't been eating as much as I should be and when we got back at the Tower I noticed my dots were all eaten. I call over the waiter and ask for a take-home box.

"What? I want some for later." I defend and Peter grabs his wallet.

"I'll pay for the pizza, wanna do the tip?" I nod and sip my Coca-Cola. I pull out ten bucks and set it on the table as the waiter comes back with a pizza box, he puts our leftovers in the box and I thank him.

"You're my first friend... like ever, besides Matt," I comment once the waiter walks away. Peter is counting out the money for the pizza and I hand him a five, just in case.

"Thanks and really?" I nod as I finish off the soda.

I love coca – cola.

Peter pays for the food and carries the pizza box like a gentleman. "Thank you." I give him a coy smile as his phone rings, I take the box willingly. I would eat more but my stomach is full.

"Hi, Mr. Stark-" His brow furrows as I hail a cab for us.

"We gotta go, that won't be quick enough...follow me." I'm pulled down the road and into an alley. "Uh...turn around or something." I don't question it as I hear zippers and then the sound of air releasing, when I turn around Spider-Man is there. I put my glasses on, this should be interesting.

"How is that gonna work?" I pick up his backpack and slide it on.

"It'll be easy...definitely...easy..." He sounds nervous as I have a death grip on the pizza.

"If we lose this pizza we are so fighting," I mumble as he grabs my waist with one arm and shoots a web at the top of the building.

I hold onto him with one arm. We're swinging through the city before I know it. I try not to scream as we get close to the ground since it would be right in his ear.

I screamed once and it was loud... really loud. Probably unnecessarily loud but still, I was startled when we nearly became roadkill.

AT THE TOWER

"We almost died!" I yell while opening the box of pizza, it was okay. Thank goodness, we enter the tower and everyone is tense.

"You two okay?" I nod and try to hide the box of pizza, they looked like the types to steal it.

Specifically, Clint, he did eat my dots after all.

"Only when engaged. Most of the guys left in a fugue state going on about old memories, worst fears, and something too fast to see." I raise a brow as Peter pulls off his mask.

"What's going on Mr. Stark?" Tony walks in and flits his hand.

"Someone get these kids caught up because I am on the verge of killing junior." Peter and I are told what happened, how the computer entity 'Ultron' was now on an Avengers kill fantasy.

"Good thing we aren't Avengers." I smile and Steve Rogers shoots me a glare.

"How's your leg?" Natasha asks as she's looking up something about a man named 'Strucker'.

"Much better, I don't even feel anything." I explain and Peter pulls my arm.

"What happened to your leg?" I didn't tell him? Huh, I thought I would have.

"In Sokovia I was shot... then almost killed by a robot." I smile sarcastically and he breathes through his teeth,

"That sucks." I nod and walk onto the balcony.

"Shouldn't you go home? Won't May like freak out or something?" Peter shakes his head.

"I told her Mr. Stark was having his interns stay late." I lean on the edge, breathing in the crisp air. I set my pizza down behind the TV so it should be okay...for now. "Do you have any family other than your dad?" I nod and smile,

"Yea...but I haven't seen her in ages it seems." I think about my aunt Carol.

She's like the only mother figure I've ever had even though she's in and out of my life constantly. "I have an aunt, she isn't like related to me but she's one of my favorite people, she's always there for me even if she's always gone," I explain and smile at the thought of her.

"Why is she always gone?" I shrug.

"I never took the time to ask, I haven't heard from her in over a year...it sucks because my father is pretty much obsolete." Despite me insulting my father Peter chuckles.

"Aunt May is my only family but I've got that friend you met, Ned. He's like a brother." I smile at Peter, he's lucky.

"Wait...what about that Mark guy?" The laugh that escapes my lips is a genuine laugh.

"Matt, you meant Matt. He's like a dad since my 'dad' doesn't act like one. Matt is the one who took me under his wing and he was my family when I had none." Peter nods, soaking up my tragic history.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your mom and dad?" I hear his breath hitch.

"They uh...died in a plane crash when I was younger." I set my hands on his hands.

"That's terrible." He doesn't say anything as I try to lighten up the mood.

"Wanna see me blow up a bird?"

He smiles and nods, "Why not?" He follows me to the room I was given, Tony just kinda said pick one and I did. I grab my bow and quiver and meet Peter on the roof.

I see a group of pigeons about a hundred meters away, I take a deep breath and pull an arrow into place. Peter doesn't say anything as I release the arrow and it hits a bird, it falls a few feet before feathers are dusting the air.

"That was gross, definitely didn't need to know what the inside of a pigeon looked like." I chuckle at his words.

"I felt the same way the first time I did it, pigeons are nasty birds." He responds in agreement as I slide my bow into place I think for a second before a smile dusts my lips, "Wanna learn how to get one?" I ask pulling it back out, he nods quickly.

I hand him the bow before it's snapped out. I make the motion and he follows my lead, "Good." I move his body to where it should be and make his elbow higher. "Is that comfortable?" He nods, "But always be sure you can shoot, always have your eyes and ears open." I hand him an explosive arrow.

"Okay, so basically you're gonna have to hit a bird unless you want to blow some lady's wig off." Peter almost breaks his stance but I stop him, "If you can't hit a bird, web the arrow up right before it blows." I hand him the arrow and let him figure it out.

"Now, pull back." He doesn't struggle with the taut bow as I tell him to pick his target. "It's a moving object, so don't shoot where it currently is. Shoot where it will be, but make sure the timing is right." I watch him as he waits for the time to shoot.

I don't tell him when but I hear the arrow take off and watch it hit its target. "Good job, Pete!" I give him a high five, "Very good for a beginner." He thanks me.