45

Jungkook was beyond happy that he is coming back home after spending days without his omega and their pup. They had won and he really wanted to celebrate this victory with Jimin, cuddling onto his side.

All he wanted to do was Bury his nose in his omega's neck and take in his intoxicating Scent of Honeysuckle and maybe he really missed his unborn pup as well.

But as soon as he entered the Palace, he knew something was wrong. For days he felt a strain in their mating bond but today felt as if Jimin had closed him up completely, shunned him. He is not stranger to Jimin's tactics. The omega shut himself from the Alpha when he is angry with him so Jungkook didn't gave much of a thought that something possibly harmful had happened to his family.

That is until he reached the room he heard muffled cries of people that he knew all too well. Right in front of the room stood seulgi and two other maids, his mother was shouting on them, which is weird considering that Queen Jeon never loses her calm.

But as soon as she saw her youngest son standing there her eyes soften as tears well up into them yet again.

"Eomma?" he sounded weak even to himself. His mother walked towards him with a sad smile and patted his shoulder.

" He needs you." she said and tears finally escaped her beautiful brown as.

" What happened?" he asked frantically, his mind giving him various worse scenarios that could have happened to his omega. But he didn't even wait for her answer as he flung the bedroom door open.

There sat Jimin looking too small on their big bed. Jungkook thought that Jimin gets prettier everytime he look at him. Even with tousled hair, and sweaty forehead he looked beautiful.

But the fact that his usually sweet scent of Honeysuckle was sweet anymore, it was sour almost rotten as the beautiful omega stared into space, his eyes not focusing on anything. The omega was rested with various pillows behind him as he kept looking at something far from him. Jungkook slowly looked at his line of sight and his world stopped revolving.

On the table was a pup, lying peacefully as if sleeping but they weren't breathing.

" Jungkook..." Jisoo called who was standing by the wall  since the beginning but Jungkook hadn't noticed her until now. She tried to reach him but the Alpha flinched and took a step back.

He slowly drifted his eyes from his pup to his mate who was now looking at him with dead eyes.

Jungkook rushed towards him immediately and gathered him in his arms.

Jimin, who hadn't cried even one drop of tear since morning, felt his breath quiver as he felt his Alpha's safe embrace, his calming Scent and that was enough for him to break down.

But he didn't. Murderers don't cry for their victims. He had no right to cry. He killed his pup and made his Alpha unhappy. He just didn't understand that why Jungkook was still hugging him as if he is pure, Jimin is not pure. He is a monster that killed his own pup.

.....

Jungkook could only look at his pup that was now wrapped in a soft blanket looking so beautiful. Their pup has Jimin's soft, full lips, he wandered whether his eyes would be same as the omega's? But that is something he would never find.

The day which was supposed to a day of celebration was now turned into nothing but a nightmare. Jeons had won and yet Jungkook had lost.

Jimin was lying on the bed after drinking the medicine that would make him feel better.

In rage, Jungkook had fired seulgi as well as the maids who were so careless to leave the soap water scattered on the floor. As for seulgi, her main work was to guard Jimin, to be with him and to see that he was doing okay and she had failed that work miserably. Jungkook didn't felt a single once of guilt in him to care for them.  His Alpha was going feral to be let out just so that he could show these people their positions but Jungkook calmed him down.