Mob Wife 8

Mob Wife 8:

   Megan Hall stepped off the elevator to walk the short distance to her two bedroom apartment. She held her keys in her hand along with a razor blade in case anyone wanted to pop out of no where with any funny business. This was her second week at her new job, and she hated the idea of being away from her seven year old son. She wanted to spend as much time with him that she could, but bills were calling, and they were calling fast.

   Since the murder of her husband, Terrance, she's been crowded by a dark cloud, her baby boy being the only string that keeps her alive. Megan couldn't tell Caleb that; he'll then feel like the weight is on his shoulders to make his mommy happy instead of himself.

   Megan hated the fact that her husbands killer walked free when evidence pointed right to the asshole. It wasn't long for her to piece together that the Judge was paid off for the verdict, leaving the justice in her hands. With zero resources, not a lot of cash and a child to look after, getting revenge was one of the last things on her bucket list.

   She thought about Giovanni everyday, seeing that foolish smirk on his face as the Judge said the charges were dropped. She wanted to end his life and anyone the bastard loved. She lost out on her husband over something she had no clue about; the man she loves, the father of her only son. Revenge would have to wait, but boy would it taste sweet and be worthwhile.

   Megan put the keys in her door and unlocked her apartment. The first thing one would see when entering her home is her living-room, and right now, Caleb was sitting on a pillow in front of his babysitter as she brushed through his thick blonde curls with hair cream. "Mommy!" he stood up quickly and ran to his mother. "I missed you! Mya made spaghetti for us. It's sooooo good," he smiled causing Megan to giggle.

   "Hi, baby," she pushed her fingers through his hair as she embraced him in her arms. "How was he? I know I took a little time to get here. My boss wouldn't let me leave," she spoke to Mya.

   Mya shrugged, "He was good. And no worries," she stood up, "he's my favorite person. I'll spend all day with him if I could."

    Mya is a Junior in college and actually lives in the same apartment building. She would come and see him even while Megan was home. Mya knew Megan was struggling so she didn't pressure her for extra cash when she would be out later than expected, which rarely happens. Mya walked towards the kitchen and grabbed a yellow envelope off of it, "This came for you today. It doesn't have a name on it."

   Megan shut the door with her foot but not before twisting the lock. "Hmm, that's weird," she scrunched up her face. She put her bag on the couch as she walked over to Mya with Caleb close behind.

   "I'm gonna head home now," she announced as she walked around Megan to get her belongings. She only brought her backpack and her cellphone, so this didn't take long. Mya walked over to Caleb and leaned down to kiss his forehead, "I'll see you tomorrow. Pancakes and bacon on me."

   Caleb jumped in excitement, "Don't forget eggs, Mya! That's the best thing out of all of it."

   Mya nodded, "You're right" she tapped his nose. "Goodnight."

   "Goodnight, Mya. See you tomorrow," he gave her a high five before turning around to be with his mother again.

   "I'll see you tomorrow, Megan," Mya waved, walking to leave the apartment.

   Megan smiled, "Thank you again, Mya. See you tomorrow," and with that, Mya was gone. Caleb had went to the fridge to get his mother's plate so he can warm it up for her. "What is this?" she whispered to herself as she examined the yellow packaging. Whatever was inside, was heavy, so Megan was a little skeptical.