Mob Wife 51

Mob Wife 51: Sebastian Wright

Rollins felt like he was losing it. There was no call back from Santiago, Alisha left him in the dust, and Renée got out of the city the second she could. He was clueless in it all, but he had a good idea on what could've happened for everyone to freak out. Santiago being dead wasn't a thought, but after finding out Alisha's husband was in a coma, it was then pretty clear they got rid of Rayas. Alisha was too shaken up to tell him the truth when he stopped by to check on her, so there was nothing else here for him.

He could see she was lying, but didn't pressure her.

Since this case was turning cold, he was in the process of heading back to Texas.

His time here in New York was fun and miserable all at once. This was one of the very few cases that didn't lead him to a cheerful night of celebratory drinks. Luigi Gonzales was lying in his grace with no one arrested for what they've done to him; Nate Pierce sharing the same fate, and Aaron Madden was still untraceable.

It was a shit show.

Rollins needed to fix a few things before he finished packing to leave this city, apologizing to Missi being first on his list. He never explained why he stopped talking to her, and watching her walk passed him like he was invisible pained him, even after all these months.

He couldn't say anything to her while the case was so tense, but since the case was going to be lost amongst thousands, he felt like he could make peace.

"So?" Missi asked as she plopped down in one of the chairs in the break room. Her ginger hair was straightened, framing her freckled face.

Rollins slid in a chair across from her, "my days here in New York are over, but before I leave, I wanna make things right with you," he kept his gaze on the table in case he would stutter, "I hated how things ended between us."

She crossed her arms, looking at him with a glare on her face, "you fucking dump me and give me no explanation as to why," she then tilts her head, "you cut me out of your investigation, and then you try to show up in my life to apologize all these months later? Real smooth, May, real fucking smooth," calling him by his firs name.

Rollins sighs, placing his elbows on the table, "I know, and I'm so sorry. You didn't deserve that," he looks at her with sincerity in his eyes, "I really liked you," and still do, "and in order to protect you, I had to leave you alone," Francesco mentioning Missi's name had him in shambles.

He was scared for her, afraid Francesco would hurt her to hurt him.

"I didn't care if anyone would've came after me. You made it feel like we were a team just to shut me out," from their emotional connection and their work connection. Missi didn't like the sudden conversation, stroking her teeth with her tongue before speaking, "what's your angle here?" Rollins was confused, "you're sorry now?" she waited a few seconds for him to say something, but he didn't.

Missi frowns at him.

He hurt her, really bad.

She was happy to have found someone who viewed her as one of their own to just be shunned away. He pushed her out, and it did something to her.

It brought her back to that place from when she was a child, her parents not letting her into their lives fully. They kept her at arms length, barely showing her love.

What he did, set her back so many years. She was that little girl again.

Missi felt the stinging sensation in her eyes, knowing she was on the verge of tears. She thought she let it go after all this time, but in this moment, she knew those feelings she kept in a cage was breaking out.