Mob Wife 15

#bansoffourbodies

Mob Wife 15: time is ticking

   "Mayor Price makes a statement regarding his opponent, Jefferson Right, saying: Right couldn't handle this position if you gave him a manual. I know peoples heart; and I tend to their needs. He then speaks about himself in the third person by saying; Mayor Price has been an asset to this city, and plans to make big adjustments that benefits everyone," the news anchor reads off the screen.

   "I don't know about y'all, but Mayor Price hasn't done anything for the black community, and we were his main votes," the black news anchor speaks after her, "he's been talking about fixing the issue with stop-and-risk, yet cops have still been able to target young black teens. Not to mention, Price has been actually shouting through the rooftops that he is here for black-Americans, yet all he does is sit down with powerful white men. The only black person on his team is his maid, and that's a bit offensive."

   The news anchor looks over at him, "well, not everything is about race, Rules," she calls him by his last name, "it takes time to enforce these laws. Mayor Price has done great for the City of New York, and I would love to see him win again."

   "Yeah, until he's telling you that you must have your child, no matter the conditions," the other news anchor enters the conversation, "he's against abortion, yet he does not have a vagina. I'm sorry but, he's an awful person, an awful Mayor, and a awful husband."

   "Bringing his wife up isn't fair," the first news anchor objects, "let's keep this about politics."

   Audrey sat on her couch with Santi, tracing her fingers on his arm. Santi seemed invested in the news, and Audrey has never dated a man that was into it. She avoids these channels because it's depressing to see what happens. She felt bad that she closed herself off to the real world sometimes, but it was better for her mental health, and she shouldn't sacrifice that.

   "Okay, babe, can we turn this thing off? It's starting to piss me off," Audrey says through an awkward laugh, reaching for the remote on her coffee table.

   Santi looks away from the screen to her, "yeah, that's fine-" he pauses, "wait," he turns a little bit to face her, "did you just call me babe?" A smirk evident on his face.

   Audrey blushed, fanning him off, "it slipped. Don't get too excited."

   Santi pouted, "why not?" He reaches for her hand, "we've been talking for some weeks. I think calling me babe is a step closer to us becoming the real deal."

   Audrey looks at him in disbelief, smirking, "it's gonna take more than just some cute names and candle lit dinners for us to make it official," besides, it's only been two and a half weeks. She wasn't taking this serious because every time she would, Audrey got dumped.

   Santi sighs, "I'm not trying to hurt you," he lies through his teeth. He wouldn't purposely hurt her, but his real reasoning for even engaging in conversation with her, would.

   Audrey says, "and it's gonna take more than just some words to convince me."

   Damn, he says to himself. Clearly she was tougher to crack than he's thought. I mean, to be fair, three weeks was nothing, and he's even lucky she's grown an ounce of comfort with him.

   Santiago knew that this'll take time, but he would have to try everything in his power to speed the process up for her to speak about her sister and her husband, and for her to bring him around them.

   Audrey went to say something but the ringtone that sang a beautiful love song stopped her, "you clearly love that song," she jokes as he reaches on the table to grab his phone. He had a few ringtones, and this one rang the most.