Mob Wife 24

Mob Wife 24: not the best intentions

Victoria walked down with Francesco, both of them trailing behind Brooklyn while she searched through the aisles filled with Christmas decor. Brooklyn and Francesco spent thanksgiving with her parents for a little get together since last thanksgiving they spent it with his family. In order for everyone to be together at some point this year, Brooklyn has been planning the idea of having Christmas at her home. She has the space, the funds to make sure everyone ate, so it was perfect to do. Their families were down for it, a few family from Sicily getting invited, too, so they were flying out to come.

"You brought in Salieri?" Victoria asked once they were in good distance. It wasn't long before the news traveled around about Giovanni going to rehab. Their father knew about it, too, and he spoke on Giovanni's addiction in a very degrading way.

Francesco looked up from the cookie container in his hand, "I had no other choice."

Victoria sucked her teeth, "you could've called me in to cover for Giovanni until he got back," her eyes followed the kid that walked in the area they were, lowering her voce, "did you forget I assassinated another mob boss for you that none of your men could seem to do?" she reminds him, seeing the kid pick up some toy before shouting to his parents that he wanted it.

Francesco spoke, "your busy with your own line of work," almost in a way that reminds her, "I needed someone who was going to be there the second I called, and not yell through the phone at two in the morning because I woke her up."

"I like my sleep. Is that a crime?" she points to her chest. Victoria crosses her arms, "it was that bad for him, huh?" asking with a concerned look on her face. Francesco sighed in response, "he never seemed like the type. Giovanni always looked so put together," Francesco decided the get the cookies, walking towards the aisle Brooklyn just turned into, "I heard Lucy's in a coma because of him."

Francesco nods, "yeah. The doctors said it could be up to four weeks before she wakes up, but they're not so sure," he felt sorry for the girl. Lucy didn't deserve this, and she probably wouldn't have taken those drugs if Giovanni didn't make her feel comfortable enough to use them.

"I know her parents must want his head on a stick," Victoria clenches her teeth at the thought.

"They kept trying to have me give up his location," Francesco says to her. Her parents were fuming. Giovanni put their baby girl in the hospital, nearly causing her to die.

Brooklyn saw a pillow shaped like a gingerbread and squealed, "babe, isn't this so cute? We could put it on the living room couch with the other ones," she turns around around after grabbing it to show him.

Francesco raised his brows, "yeah," he says faintly.

Victoria nudged her brothers shoulder, "pretend you're excited about it," she says before walking towards Brooklyn, "it would be so cute. What about a cream blanket to throw over the couch?"

Brooklyn eyes lit up at the idea, "oh my god, you're completely right! I was also thinking only picking up clear lights to put up."

"I love the clear lights. They're more aesthetically pleasing," Victoria says, nodding at her plan. Her phone vibrating in her pocket caused her to take it out, "I'll be back."

Brooklyn peaked over at the caller ID, a smile on her face, "is she coming to the Christmas party?" after seeing the name Caterina.

Victoria blushed, "I'm not sure. I didn't ask because she might do stuff with her family," Brooklyn nodded her head. Victoria stepped away, answering the phone call.

Brooklyn placed the pillow in the cart, walking around it to push it. Francesco placed the cookies in the cart before walking beside Brooklyn. She felt him stand close, his hand roaming her ass, "stop," she barks at him, smacking his hand away. He only placed his hand back on her ass, squeezing roughly, "stop it, Francesco!" she whispered-yelled to not get people's attention. She stopped pushing the cart to turn around to face him, only to see him smiling widely.