Mob Wife 36

*Italics at the beginning of this chapter is a flashback to her first session she had from last chapter. So, there is a small time jump.

Mob Wife 36: neutral

"I feel very low a lot," Brooklyn says to Dr. Sullivan; a black woman who has been a licensed therapist for fifteen years, specializing in people who are grieving the death of their loved ones and other personal losses. Dr. Sullivan's was trained to help her clients become aware of their negative thoughts patterns. The grief Brooklyn felt explained the reasons behind her behavior which has made her grief process difficult.

Brooklyn went silent, trying to figure out the words to say. Dr. Sullivan allowed Brooklyn to take her time instead of rushing her, "I get nightmares, too. Most of them are flashes of Dianna and her body lying there on the ground. But then I have good ones."

Dr. Sullivan nods, "and what do those look like?" she was seated across from her with her legs crossed, notepad on her lap. She jotted things down that her patient would say, making her notes on Brooklyn and what they would need to work on every session.

Brooklyn smiles softly, wiping her tears, "last night I was sleeping and she appeared in my dream. I can't remember what she had on, but she had this glow to her. It was beautiful," she looks at her fiddling hands, "she looked so happy as if she was telling me she was okay, but then all I could think of how she wasn't. Her death was tragic."

Dr. Sullivan asks, "has she ever said anything to you in these dreams?" Brooklyn shaking her head.

"No. But she smiles like the Dianna I know, which is why I really think it's her," she says lowly. Brooklyn laughed through her nose briefly, "am I going crazy?"

Dr. Sullivan moved her head side to side, "no. You're simply healing from a death. These things can happen to people."

Brooklyn lifts her gaze, "I'm trying to be happy. It's so hard too. I get there and then the next second I'm sulking, so numb with everything around me," her brows furrowed, "I see Francesco trying to do everything to make me happy, but I just can't help but to be.." she pauses, snapping her fingers to find the word, "to be..."

"Upset?"

Brooklyn stared at the paper that had Dianna's funeral arrangements on it with no emotion in her eyes. Two days until the funeral, and since given this paper, she's been avoiding it. Today she finally looked at it and felt like all the progress she's been making these last few days was just gone.

She grew cold towards Francesco again, no surprise there.

The more she talked in therapy, the more she blamed him, blamed Bernie- wanted to kill Bernie. She wanted to wrap her hands around his throat until his face started changing colors, seeing him take his last breath.

Brooklyn jumped when her phone rang, seeing Gia was calling her again.

Brooklyn placed the paper back inside the draw, slamming it close. She took a few breathes before picking up the phone, "Giaaaa," Brooklyn puts on a smile.

"Don't- Giaaaa- me," she says over the phone, "you've been canceling on me for the past few days, and I'm sick of it," she didn't know what was going on with her friend, but she knew something was wrong.

"Are you free tonight?" Brooklyn asks, walking towards her room to see Francesco wasn't in there. He's been filling his days with work inside his office when he wasn't checking on Brooklyn. If he had to get on a flight for a meeting, he'd send Philly to relay things back to him. His immature brother, Vincent, wouldn't get the job done, so he sent it the next best thing.