Epilogue

** TW: mention of drinking, s*****e, and death.

** after the Italics, there's a small time jump again because I want Luna to be five around this time.

Epilogue: One war later...

It's been a year since the killing of Hussain Selim; the first six months filled with murdering his men and allies. Knowing that something like this wouldn't just end in a week, Francesco pulled two of his closest allies with him and they gladly helped him in every way that he needed to. The Bianchi's and Amato's knew that they could count on him for anything, even a war, willing to break their backs for the man. So, that's when they set a few men up in a couple safe houses all around the city with all sorts of supplies in preparation for anything.

Seeing that they were losing against this war against the Vitale's, all opposing teams backed down once the message was sent, leaving with some sort of win as Francesco lost a few men along the way.

This was a complicated time for everyone, but as the next six months rolled around, things became a little easier as everything died down.

Brooklyn may have not been in the loop, but the articles published by the most famous Publishing companies were on top of the random dead bodies and sudden war going on, made her aware. There was a bunch of theories posted as facts, assumptions sending them in a spiral with a bunch of gullible civilians willing to believe everything they read.

Raising Luna through this was scary for Brooklyn, Francesco working with his wife to make this transition less troubling for her. It was difficult, especially when the journalists were typing away at their laptops for the hottest stories about the dead bodies just randomly appearing in New York and out of state.

One of them even assumed it was some sort of serial killer, which made Brooklyn realize she had to stop reading that toxic shit.

None of the 'Families' were worried about the cops, knowing that they were handled and dealt with whether it was with pay, holding their family hostage or threatening them with a gun to their head. Francesco was unsure of the idea at first but seeing that it kept them out their business, he was fine with it.

Just as long as it didn't come back to him.

Of course while this was happening, a few of Francesco's rivals tried taking things because they thought his focus was elsewhere, but they were soon met with reality.... a very painful one.

As the next year approached slowly, Brooklyn had given birth to their baby boy, Gustavo. This pregnancy was also unexpected for the two, Brooklyn deeply conflicted about keeping this one as Luna was easier decision. Knowing that the war was going on, she was frightened to carry a child- afraid something will happen to her family, and afraid that the stress of everything would make her miscarry. And that... that was just something else she couldn't handle.

Although the Mob Wives were used to this kind of thing going on, Giorgia was feeling entirely different about things this time around. Things were still shaky with the two, but just like Janice, Margot, Penny, and Belle, Giorgia stuck by her husband's side through it all. She wanted to leave and divorce him, but she'll damned if she sees another woman just take her place.

What pulled Giorgia out of her angry state was when she visited Dianna's tombstone with the rest of the crew. She had to realize that Fat Willy was a grown man and did what he wanted to do, but to know she wasn't visiting her dead husband instead, she had to let the hurt go eventually. She still called him stupid for it, but at least she could hold her husband, yell at him then kiss him if she wanted to.