Mob Wife 6

Chapter Six: I Want To Take Him Down.

   Julio Perez was rushing down the stairs to see his wife and children after a long shower, a shave of the face and a brush of the teeth. He needed to spare a few minutes with them each morning in case one day, a job goes wrong.

His twin boys, Chann and Francis, were seated in their high chair, eating baby food. The two have been born six months ago, becoming another part of the married couples family. Chann means the moon in Cambodian and Francis means "Frenchman/free man"; a great name in the eyes of Julio. His wife is Cambodian, their two children sharing their features.

"Good morning my beautiful wife," Julio kissed his partner on her head, nuzzling her into a hug.

"Good morning, babe. How'd you sleep last night?" Chanty asked as she placed Bai Sach Chrouk onto a plate for her and her husband. Bai Sach Chrouk is a Cambodian breakfast dish that Chanty grew up loving. Chanty was well with making American food, so she made what she knew.

Julio didn't mind, he loved his wife's traditional meals. They were delicious. Some food he couldn't stomach, but he did have a back up plan; he would order some pizza from his favorite Italian restaurant.

"I slept well," Julio sighed. "I heard the children crying in the middle of the night. Were they a lot to handle last night?"

As Julio progressed into the thirty-two year old grown man he is today, he was always taught that the women should cook and clean, nourish the children, attend those ptas meetings while the men got the money. Chanty didn't mind. She hated working. Plus, her mother taught her the same thing. Women were to be a housewife, please their husband whenever they wanted.

"Chann was a problem. Francis went right back to sleep, but soon enough Chann did, too," Chanty couldn't deny that she hated waking up alone to check in on her children, especially when their father is present in their lives. Sometimes, the woman just wanted a break. "I have to get groceries today. Is there anything you want specifically, honey?"

Julio nodded, "Stuff for empanadas. I've been dying for some of those," he looked at the watch on his wrist. "Let me start eating so I can make it to work on time."

Julio walked into the precinct, a cup of coffee in his hands as he greeted some co-workers of his. Most of the people at his job genuinely loves him. He's sweet, he's funny, he works his ass off; so with all of that, comes with envy. Some cops thought he was full of himself. Thinking because he got promoted so fast to a detective, Julio thought he was better than everyone. Some days he felt like that, most days he didn't.

"Hey Julio, I want to talk to you about something," his good friend, Theo, says as he was now walking side by side with the detective himself. "We should head to the interrogation room. Luigi Gonzales is in, but he won't talk."

   "Why isn't he talking? The whole reason for him coming in today is to rat out his boss," Julio scrunched up his eyes in confusion. Luigi G. made a deal with NYPD they couldn't pass up on. Luigi's family was targeted; some gangster from another gang visited his daughter at school, telling her to tell Luigi his boss wanted to see him. He was furious. He couldn't do much, but make a deal. The man he works for didn't seem to care.

   "I don't know. He just stared at the wall. Boss thought maybe he's waiting for you to show up," as Theo said that, he was opening the door to the interrogation room. "I'm gonna be on the other side of the room watching."

   Julio sighed, nodding at his friend. "Hello, Luigi. So sorry for being late. There was traffic. My buddies here told me you aren't talking," Julio chuckled, sitting down in the chair. "What's going on?"