Mob Wife 16

This is an actual update. These last few days, I've been fixing stuff for previous chapters, so it may have been coming through for y'all as "new update." 

Also, Valeria's last name is now Mason.

Mob Wife 16: Jobs at Stake

Megan walked inside the coffee shop with her son holding her hand, on the search for Santi. She got his text and its urgency, and was down to meet. She spotted him reading some magazine and approached his table, "I'm so sorry about not being able to meet. Work and my son has been keeping me busy," she says to gain his attention.

Santi lifted his head, "no worries," he stands up to embrace her in a hug. Megan opens her arms, bringing him close, "please, have a seat," he points at the open seat across from where he was sitting at in the booth. Santi saw a curly blonde head kid clinging onto her arm and leaned down a bit, "hi, young one."

Megan realizes she hasn't introduced the two yet, "Santi, this is my baby boy, Caleb," she ruffles his hair, "Caleb, this is mommy's friend, Santi," friend was the easiest thing to call him.

Caleb looked up at the large man, "hello," he says faintly, releasing his mother's hand to slide in his seat.

"He's shy sometimes," Megan said with a wide smile. She took her purse from her shoulder to sit it between her and Caleb, "I'm glad we can finally meet."

Santi chuckles lightly because he was going to same the exact same thing, "me too," he nods, "I didn't mean to come off pushy, but my job is on the line here," he reaches for his phone, "I told my boss I had this amazing story, and she is waiting impatiently for me to turn it in."

Megans nods, understanding, "the money has still been coming in, but that's pretty much it. I thought you would've had more to tell me," they share a small laugh.

"Where are you receiving this money? Is it being dropped off in your mailbox? In your car?" Santi asks, pressing record, "do you mind if I record an audio of this conversation? I want to be able to play this back."

"I'm fine with that. You can record," she assures him. Megan took a huge sigh, crossing her arms, "the money has been coming in this little envelope and it just was always outside my door."

Santi nods, "and your building doesn't have cameras, do they?" Megan told him no with a head bob, "has any neighbors been able to tell you who's been dropping these packages off?"

"Not that I know of," she scratches her hair that's in a ponytail, "usually when I'm about to head out for work, it's there," luckily none of her nosy neighbors checked it.

Santi squints a bit, "that means whoever sending this package knows your schedule. If it is the people," he says, eyeing the little boy so he wouldn't catch on, looking back at Megan, "they could get that information in a heartbeat," Megan nods her head, "this is going to sound a little crazy, but if I set up a small camera outside of your apartment, I could see who's dropping the packages off."

"Okay. That sounds good," she shrugs. 

"At first I was thinking of a whole steak out like in the movies, but that's a lot of work that a small camera can do," the two smile, "but for now, let's just enjoy breakfast," he smirks, pausing the recording.

Santi he reaches for his phone the second it pings with a smirk on his face, "girlfriend?" Megan asks innocently.

Santi tucks his lip, nodding, "how'd you know?"

"I know the look of love when I see it," she giggles, "my husband used to pack my lunch for work, and he would leave these cute little notes inside the bag. They were so corny but I was excited everyday to find a sticky note."